I never knew...

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
my truck was supposed to start this easily. My truck sat for 3 days, went to leave today and it was cranking really slow but it did fire up. That was the last straw. I knew the batteries were nearing the end but I thought I would get a bit more out of them. They were only rated for 850CA anyhow. I went straight to work and got a pair of 1000CA batteries. Now the truck starts so quickly I'm having trouble letting go of the key in time. The starter just cranks so much faster now. ;Sweet If warm starts are this much easier, I can't wait to start it cold again.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When batteries are dieing on you the starter draws more amps and that heats up the starter. This high amp draw can happen when the cables or the connections get bad. When the starter heats up your getting ready to let all the smoke out of them... Thats expensive... Once the smoke is let out of a starter they don't work any longer... I have done a few in my life and I hate it every time it happens. Sometimes it just sneaks up on me.... Maybe I should carry a spare behind the rear seat....:D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Gary -

You're gonna need a bigger back seat before long buddy - I see a crew cab ext cab in yer future....

sassyrel

Reaction score
Gary -

You're gonna need a bigger back seat before long buddy - I see a crew cab ext cab in yer future....

samehing i was thinking---maybe he should buy a small used uhaul trailer--to carry the spare parts in------:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao