I got the job!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, after nearly 13 years of jamming gears, playing with the big tonkas in the dirt, crawling under trucks with tools to fix things, etc......it has come to an end!

I have been accepted into the Vehicle Compliance Program for the Nova Scotia Government.

I'll be working in the same area as BigRigTech. My office is actually right next to their shop lol.

I have ZERO formal training, and out of the ENTIRE list of applicants who applied for this position, I placed 3rd in the ENTIRE province of Nova Scotia. I ranked second for the 5 local positions and that got me a tier two pay level right out of the gate.

I am so freaking pumped!

I am so used to working 70 + hours a week, that the 40 hour work week that I will be working for the next 20-30 years has me feeling like I won the lottery!

Benefits, wicked pension plan, travel expenses, overtime, and have I mentioned only a 40 hour work week?!

Ive decided that I want a RUST FREE OBS diesel pickup. Be it either PSD or a turbo IDI. I'd prefer manual over anything and F350 for the D60 in a regular cab.

It won't be right away, but I'm starting to stick my feelers out.

I am going to run the Dodge I "inherited" when my old boss passed away this spring....and if it makes it through the winter, I am going to pass it down to my new boss' son. He would have been the grandson to my old boss.

He will be getting his license here shortly, and I want him to have a memorable vehicle to start out in. It might help teach respect for the truck and the road....and I am sure Dave would love to see Brandon have the truck he drove up until he passed.

I can not wait to get started. I have two weeks of trucking left, and then I am done for good! I start on the 28th.

gandalf

Reaction score
That's great news. I can't see any downside to it, and only 40 hours per week? It will seem like you're on vacation. Congrats!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good for you. Really happy you got what you waited for. Enjoy the "short weeks " too.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's so awesome! Congratulations!
And it's nice to see a truck kept in the family. I do hope that the grandson has a safe start to his life with a license

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I will still be making the videos, only this time when I see people on their cell phones....I'll politely ask them to go hands free.....in my uniform if I am going to or from work.

I am so excited to start this career. It will be something that I can retire from years down the road.

As a truck driver, I had no chance of retirement as I was in the small private sector. My wife is STILL doing backflips over it!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats!!! When ready I would hit up Calvin ,he has a way of finding rust free trucks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats again Goofy. ;Sweet
you are gonna want to rethink this standard cab idea when the kids start popping out. :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online