I bought a newer truck

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is the HP the 7.3L suppose to be making stock??????????????????? I can't read the tag under the piping.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob, makes my old IDI feel like a 4 banger. Even as heavy as this truck is when I push on the go pedal it goes.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If somebody could please confirm.... I've re-read the whole thread and the answer isn't there. Is this kind of injector testing (disconnecing and reconnecting) done with the engine ON and running, or OFF?

Good to know about the solenoids Jim. I know there are issues with pulling injectors. Something about draining things so fluids don't run in the cylinder. They make a special tool for yanking them too. Is one really needed?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If somebody could please confirm.... I've re-read the whole thread and the answer isn't there. Is this kind of injector testing (disconnecing and reconnecting) done with the engine ON and running, or OFF?

Eh???cookoo Better get those bi-focals adjusted Mel.......LOLLOL

Yes Mel, under the valve covers you can unplug each injector. Take the VC off, start the engine and begin unplugging injectors until you find the culprit.

Mel, after taking off the valve cover and you plug the BIG wiring harness back in, I was working on the drivers side, you start the truck and then one at a time start unplugging the injectors. I unplugged one and if it made a difference I plug it back in. Go to the next one and so on and so forth until I found one that did not change the motor and that was the one I changed and my motor came alive.

Also I have learned that just because a injector is not firing you can change out the solenoid and not the whole injector, alot of times it is electrical and not the injector.

I didn't know you had a Powerstroke Mel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it's sooooo much easier to see when it's nice and bold like that. ;Really

LOL
So all those warnings about harnesses wrapped with a red stripe don't mean anything?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it's sooooo much easier to see when it's nice and bold like that. ;Really

LOL
So all those warnings about harnesses wrapped with a red stripe don't mean anything?
Yeah, those harnesses with the red stripe wrapped around them are 120V DC so dont lick 'em!