hypermax turbo

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading all this information, I am somewhat confused.

My truck has had the Hypermax for near 20 years and nothing has rusted through yet.

I thought the goal was to keep down exhaust temperatures to prevent a melt-down.

I have seen lots of turbos on everything from a pick-up to a 20-cylinder locomotive and I have yet to see exhaust tubing wrapped with anything.

Please enlighten me as I am not understanding this.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jauguston said:
TowCat,
I do have 4 or 5 digital pictures of the install that I sent to Kos on TDS. I will see if I can find where I put them. I'm not very computer literate. I will get back to you if I find them.

Jim

Tow Cat - I found the pictures. PM me your e-mail address and I will see if I can figure out to send them.
Jim-
you don't need to do anything fancy. The programing on this particular board is very "idiot friendly".....ie. *I* look like I know what I am doing on computer :D
You can either hit "post reply" or better yet, "start a new topic" and type in whatever info you have on your setup. the more detailed the better ;Sweet
After you're done typing, scroll down the same page and find the section "manage attachments" and click on that. A new window will open and you will see four "browse" blanks. click on "browse" and find the section where your pics are stored on the computer. Click on the filename and click on "open" the pic will then head to the respective "browse" box. Just repeat until you loaded all the boxes and then hit the "upload" button. Its that simple and you will now look like a pro :D
btw....i'm still a hunt and peck typist :D

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
the detriots I've worked on always had fiberglass heat blankets that were safetywired from the manifold to the turbo outlet and there was never a rust problem

Last edited: