hypermax turbo

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
hey i just bought a new pulse turbo kit from hypermax!!!! what kind of gains should i expect... i have a 7.3 idi 5 speed. any difference in noise in exhaust? will i be able to notice the turbo. plus is the kit hard to install? the directions say 5 hours and im good to go ... any info is greatly apprecia;Sweet ted.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Big difference in power. Great sound. And fairly easy to install. Hardest part is getting both bolts started on the support flange of the downpipe behind the engine.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Big difference in power. Great sound. And fairly easy to install. Hardest part is getting both bolts started on the support flange of the downpipe behind the engine.

i noticed a big difference but when i maxed out my pump it was a nite and day difference for me it wasnt a 5 hour job it took me about 16 hours but i re torqued my head bolts cleaned my valve train up modifided the firewall re did my exhaust. and there is some other things i did

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to read my tech article here.

For maximum whisle, delete any muffler you may have and install a Moose Air type of air cleaner.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
glad this thread popped up, i might have finally stumbled (well my BIL and sis actaully) on a affordable turbo.:party:

i just breezed through the article for the first time but didnt Fordguy100 and type4 mention cleaning out the oil passages so no gunk breaks off and feeds into the turbo?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
glad this thread popped up, i might have finally stumbled (well my BIL and sis actaully) on a affordable turbo.:party:

i just breezed through the article for the first time but didnt Fordguy100 and type4 mention cleaning out the oil passages so no gunk breaks off and feeds into the turbo?

Yup, clean out the oil galley real well. I guess I had engine sludge in mine, and my turbo sucked it in, and withint 1K miles I had to get a $350 rebuild on my turbo. Lets not make the mistake I did, its cheap insurance to clean it out, and it gives you piece of mind.