Hydrolocked with plow on how to tow?

mrplowjr

Reaction score
OK, bad fuel last week, killed an injector, lots of sediment in the filter housing, had to take the truck to storage witht he plow to take it to the dealer... welp, didn't make it!!!

Hydrolocked her on the expressway, no rods out the bottom yet, but how can I get it off the expressway, I can't find a place that will tow it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wont tow because of the plow? What about a flat deck? Or a big rig towing company?

Believer45

Reaction score
CLICK HERE to go to a good web site for big truck breakdowns. If you register then go in and go through the steps look for a towing company, call and see if they have either a lowboy or a rolloff that will handle 8000 lbs of vehicle. I would think a rolloff would be best, loaded on backwards with a winch. When they get it in the "V" and the plow starts to lift, shorten the lift chain so it will sit off the ground or tie/chain it up some way so you can get the truck off the rolloff without the plow being a problem. The plow will drag the ground backwards without much problem, the trouble is when going forward and the edge cuts into the ground.

Dave / Believer45

Last edited:

mrplowjr

Reaction score
Got her towed, places said it was a nys DOT fine of 500$ for towing a vehicle with a plow, well long story short, I called the shady...not shade-tree... but shady place, and they had no problem, just hook her up, and drag her onto the flat bed! thanks for all the help guys! I had hoped I'd never have to post here, but for now she's home in her spot, ans will stay there until I can afford some major repairs... hopefully Sunoco will help me out.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to see guys using this forum too, reguardless of what breed the truck is, glad you found someone willing to tow it for you. Hope you get her fixed up.

mrplowjr

Reaction score
Ok Guys, Thanks all for the help! got her home, and A buddy of mine (rcpent18) is taking a look at her, looks like I lost an injector, It's in the process of being replaced. So far it looks like the INJECTOR was the ONLY damage from theis whole mess. will know more in the near future.

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
mrplowjr said:
Ok Guys, Thanks all for the help! got her home, and A buddy of mine (rcpent18) is taking a look at her, looks like I lost an injector, It's in the process of being replaced. So far it looks like the INJECTOR was the ONLY damage from theis whole mess. will know more in the near future.
Atleast it is not to major hope you get her running again.
Atleast you got awhile before plowing season again ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7