Hydroboost pushrod interest

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in these if I made them? I dont know how hard they are to find outside of a parts truck. I have a large supply of material for them.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
the vacuum booster has an attached pushrod and the hydro has a "floating" pushrod. If you go to NAPA and buy a booster and a MC for an F-SUPERDUTY you will still need the pushrod.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
the vacuum booster has an attached pushrod and the hydro has a "floating" pushrod. If you go to NAPA and buy a booster and a MC for an F-SUPERDUTY you will still need the pushrod.

F&$* I knew I forgot something on that damn truck.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
to go with this if anyone is interested i can convert your vacuum booster pedal into a hydro boost pedal. :sly

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
-f450 hydroboost
-you can use the f450 master cylinder or you can use the stock vacuum master cylinder. You just have to make the holes a bit wider to slide on the studs
-Power steering line from pump to hydro
-Power steering line from hydro to gear box
- Just a low pressure rubber hose for the return line to the power steering pump
- Power steering pump reservoir with 2 return nipples
- F450 brake pedal.

I think that covers it.

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the brake pedal issue I just drilled new holes lower on the booster bracket for the studs to position the booster lower on the firewall and put the studs in the new holes for the 250 pedal to work.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in these if I made them? I dont know how hard they are to find outside of a parts truck. I have a large supply of material for them.
I'm interested. What would they look like and how much do you think they'll cost? I've got several things on my salvage yard shopping list and it'd be kinda nice to have one less thing to hunt for.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
-f450 hydroboost
-you can use the f450 master cylinder or you can use the stock vacuum master cylinder. You just have to make the holes a bit wider to slide on the studs
-Power steering line from pump to hydro
-Power steering line from hydro to gear box
- Just a low pressure rubber hose for the return line to the power steering pump
- Power steering pump reservoir with 2 return nipples
- F450 brake pedal.

I think that covers it.

Is the truck hydroboost unit any different than any other? My son has a 2003 Mach1 that just got wrecked (he is now stripping it) that has a hydroboost unit in it. I was thinking of using that one to convert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.