huricane sandy

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
kinda strange being in western new york and waiting for it to get hear. but so far so good truck dont float in 2 feet of running water in my creek but im probly not gonna go down there and try it again tomaro have no need to. to thoes in pa and new jersey hang in ther and remember your idi is probly the safest place to be if you enjoy storm driving ik i do wish i could aford to drive all day. if you still have power and internet let thoes to the north know how it is in your ariea

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
im in central PA and its not too bad here yet. just a steady rain all day with sorta gusty winds every now and again

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck to all ya'll up there... i am born, raised, and lived all my life in FL so i know what can come of a good hurricane... ya'll be safe!!!

Brian085

Reaction score
Northern MD here. My power is still on for now >.> It blinked a lot. Some trees down. Not to bad really.

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope y'all doin good up there fellas. I'm from Louisiana and we usually throw a party or go muddin lol
A hurricane ant bad if u Handel It right

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
it really didnt seem to hit central PA hard, lot of wind and rain but nothing really crazy. i was expecting much worse with the news going.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So far the news reports 33 dead. Hopefully they are wrong but its probably going to be more before its over. Those of you that don't understand what happens during events like this heres an example.. All those water damaged sunk trucks and cars get a cleaning like you never have seen. then they get trucked to other staes where the vin is "washed" so they can sell them below market and not tell you they were sunken or salvaged vehicals. Then a few months later all kinds of electrical heel decend upon you. Water will make horrible things happen in any electrical system...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
So far the news reports 33 dead. Hopefully they are wrong but its probably going to be more before its over. Those of you that don't understand what happens during events like this heres an example.. All those water damaged sunk trucks and cars get a cleaning like you never have seen. then they get trucked to other staes where the vin is "washed" so they can sell them below market and not tell you they were sunken or salvaged vehicals. Then a few months later all kinds of electrical heel decend upon you. Water will make horrible things happen in any electrical system...

That's no lie. One of my old customers bought a *new* dodge 4x4 ex cab pickup from a dodge dealer in north carolina not long after those big hurricanes a few years back, and he was traveling through and wanted it converted to synthetics , and when I started digging into that thing, I noticed something REALLY strange, there was hand squeezed silicone in place of gaskets in places where the factory called for gaskets, including the slushbox ( that's where it really started getting me wondering , you never use silliscum on a slushbox, not unless you like a plugged valve body) , then I noticed that the 8 brand new* exhaust system was heavily rusted. it took a few minutes for the gears to snap into place before I realized what I was looking at. The thing had been submerged in flooding in teh hurricanes, then the either the factory or most likely the insurance companies changes out teh seats and door panels, changed out the fluids issued it a new title in another state to another dealer and resold it as new.
Needless to say, this fella was fit to be tied :backoff

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
yeah we didnt get it bad here just lots of rain its still raining. coulda been alot worse like what the coastal people are dealing with right now

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope no one else gets injured, i didnt realize it was such a big disaster until I watched the clip on komo about it....i saw a few boats on roofs : s

That should be a criminal.offence right next to fraud, i assume dodge quickly voided the warranty on that one?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hurricane is now pretty much over the damage ...... roof rack still aint mounted so no harm done we didnt get hit too bad