HOWDY from The Alamo City

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Friends,

Just joined this forum, though I've been a diesel-head since 1970.
(I bought my first diesel vehicle, a maroon 1970 Mercedes 220D, in February 1970 in BRD for 8800 DM.)

I currently own a 1982 Mercedes 300CD, a 1986 300SDL & over the years have owned at least a dozen other Mercedes diesels & a 1991 F-250.
Just yesterday, I purchased a 1986 club-cab F-250 XLT Lariat with < 60,000 one-owner miles.
(It was fitted with a ZF 5-speed manual trans, by a Dallas Ford dealer in 1987.)

yours, tex
Bexar County, TX

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
79jasper,

THANKS for the welcome.

Once upon a time, I was stationed at Ft. Bliss & lived in the 6000 Mesa Drive area.

yours, satx

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Born and Raised San Antonio Tx
Lived in Bandera County until about a year ago then moved up around Beaumont worst decision ever.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waystro,

UNDERSTOOD.

I'm originally from Camp County up in Northeast Texas & REALLY like Bexar County, as there are MANY interesting/fun things to do here & it's WARM compared to most of the places (NY, WI, MD, WV, etc.) that I was stationed during my Army career & warmer 5 months of the year than NETEX, too.

Also, my passion for finding, restoring & running antique boats outside is easier to do here too. = Having a 12 months long boating season is NICE.

yours, satx

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's way down there.75 to mid 80's in February.there's no way you can complain about that.:D
mid 60's here in lower OK.just a couple degree's above freezing back home.so you'll no get complaining from me either.do a little dance lol.

welcome to OBN.

thats some super low miles for a '86.looking forward to pics.

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT,

THANKS for the kind welcome.

I don't even OWN a camera & wouldn't know how to post photos to the site if I actually had one.
(I'll ask my "computer genius" daughter, when I have the truck in SA & she comes to visit again, to take/post photos to the site.)

"BIG UGLY" as my roomie calls it, is in really good physical shape & looks NEW inside. NO observable body damage & nice 2-tone paint/trim under 8 years of accumulated Texas dirt (everywhere that I've looked), NO RUST at all anyplace that can be seen with the naked eye BUT the big Ford PU was parked 8 years ago & not run at all since. - It spent all of its active life pulling cutting horses to/from rodeos & horse shows. = about 2727 average miles per YEAR.
(The owner had 4 other vehicles to routinely drive.)

I'm sure that it will need all new tires (dry rotted), all new filters/fluids & 2 new HD batteries.

I'm guessing that I'll be out about another 1,000.oo for tires/batteries/etc. plus the 1200.oo paid for the truck to get it going again, plus the cost of title, license plates, etc.

THEN, once we get it cleaned-up, new tires, batteries, etc., I'll be looking for a "junk yard turbo" for the PU.

Once all that gets done/paid for, I figure that I'm set for life with a GREAT boat/trailer pulling machine.

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To ALL,

GOOD NEWS. = I just got a phone call from the seller of the PU & she said that a friend of hers is willing to bring me the "new to me" barn-find PU on a trailer that he delivers cars to dealers upon. =======> He doesn't want to "dead-head" EMPTY back to San Antonio. He'll deliver it to me either this or next week. = WOO HOO.

yours, satx

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To ALL,

GOOD NEWS. = I just got a phone call from the seller of the PU & she said that a friend of hers is willing to bring me the "new to me" barn-find PU on a trailer that he delivers cars to dealers upon. =======> He doesn't want to "dead-head" EMPTY back to San Antonio. He'll deliver it to me either this or next week. = WOO HOO.

yours, satx

nice! that sure has got to make it hard to sleep at night waiting for her to show up though lol.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORDF250XLTHD,

Fwiw, the guy, who delivered the PU, to SATX tried to buy it from me before we unloaded it. = NO SALE.

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

Steve & I got the two tanks OFF of the '86 F-250 today, dumped the old fuel & found to our surprise & delight that the tanks are NOT rusted inside. = Clean as a pin in/out, once we washed the mud off the outside..
(HEAVY as H to manhandle, as they contained about 40 gallons of diesel.)

We also inspected the brake pads/calipers/drums & they are in good shape too.

yours, satx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726