How to use the small firewall kit

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I got the small Ford firewall kit from Hahn and just wanted to know how to install it and where exactly it should go. Thanks a lot! JD

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
um...it's basic..unbolt the clutch MC and then put the kit in inside the cab and rebolt the MC in place...end of story

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I got the small Ford firewall kit from Hahn and just wanted to know how to install it and where exactly it should go. Thanks a lot! JD

pm me an email address, I can send you the TSB on it if you want, but the small kit is pretty much as described.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll pm you my email addy. Scott. I wonder how much it complicates things if you don't have a clutch MC? Remember I'm going mechanical, but I still don't need that firewall flex.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll pm you my email addy. Scott. I wonder how much it complicates things if you don't have a clutch MC? Remember I'm going mechanical, but I still don't need that firewall flex.

Well that is an entirely different beast then isn't it. Perhaps you should have said that in the beginning of this threadLOL

That now makes that piece pretty much useless. You may just have to reinforce the firewall in an entirely different manner....make your own plate and so forth...

Good Luck with your project I hope it works well for you. :thumbsup:

Hydraulic would have been Way simpler:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way simpler but not as interesting/unique. Plus I hear all these stories about how awful the MC is to bleed out. If you were reinforcing the firewall with no MC in the way, what would you use? A couple pieces of steel welded to the wall? A welder I know made a plate like that for my Dad's Isuzu P'up when it started to have the firewall flex.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online