how to test glowplugs with testlight??

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to test my glowplugs, dont have a working multimeter, rear i can use i test light but cant find how to do it?? Any help, it has new crapolites from the last owner in it and i want to make sure they are all good before i start it up.. I am ordering motorcrafts next week after payday, so no need to halla at me for running the autolites:D..... thanks

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Connect the test light leed to the pos bat post. take the connectors off the glow plugs. touch the light to the glow plugs. if the light lights up then the plug is good. no light=bad plug.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This aint working for me, i tried but no light.. I know they are'nt all bad, they were just done a few weeks before i bought the truck.. is there something i did wrong, do bothe battery's have to be hooked up or something becouse im just checking with a battery not hooked up to the truck??

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yep, you need a complete curcuit for the electricity to flow.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok worked this time, my bad i'm dumb... i'm getting four bad "night light" plugs. suprises me becouse they are new, but whatever i just wont try to start it untill i get my motorcrafts. I hope they all come out without a hitch..

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I had 4 plugs that kept going out. they were allways in the same cylinder. when i had my injectors pop tested i had 4 bad injectors. i don't know what cylinders the bad injectors were in but i would be willing to bet that the bad injectors were killing the plugs.

Just something to think about.