how to get power out of a 6.9?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well then take it to the point u feel comfterble with, idk exactly whare it will eat them but aparently it will

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i wish i had a timing meter to tell what mine was when i had it up at its highest, but it would tend to eat glow plugs, but i couldnt beilieve the power it had, right now i got mine kinda stockish setting i go the timing pretty much were it should be and a 3600rpm govornoer spring instead of the rather large rpm spring, and fuel set to just were it slightly hazes black not clouds it has decent power and its reliable for now, im going to wait on a turbo to start my expeirementing back, that or wait to build my engine

5.0bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i had a timing meter to tell what mine was when i had it up at its highest, but it would tend to eat glow plugs, but i couldnt beilieve the power it had, right now i got mine kinda stockish setting i go the timing pretty much were it should be and a 3600rpm govornoer spring instead of the rather large rpm spring, and fuel set to just were it slightly hazes black not clouds it has decent power and its reliable for now, im going to wait on a turbo to start my expeirementing back, that or wait to build my engine

where did you get the govenor spring at?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sell them it seems. Although I don't enjoy it. LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
where did you get the govenor spring at?

From Agnem, I dont really recomend anyone going with as high rpm spring i got unless your crazy like me or you just really want to, reason is there is a few things that should be addressed first, firs we need stiffer valve springs and better keepers, and atleast 7.3 rocker arms, but roller rockers would be great, also a cam that would perform and a injection pump that would too, i have nothing other than a stock motor with a new injection pump and injectors timing turned up till you can actually see the pump leaning and a spring that will rev plenty over 4000, the truck is not lacking power when set like this i actually think it climbs the mountain better set like this than a 1st gen powercroak does, i have road in both, mine will hold 70 all the way up the 7% grade and never shift out of high gear,
do i know how much power its got? no but does it suprise me? yes,

I know some people think what i done to this motor is stupid and in a way it might, but how do you learn something if you dont expeirement, and i learned my motor will turn 4400+ rpm and still holds together just fine,
if i kep on will it blow up? probly but know one can say when, it makes no knocking noises of any kind and runs great, but for now i got to quite windding it out until i dont need the truck to be dependable and can play more