How to clean a grungy MC

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a hydro boost swap, the MC is the translucent plastic and has the old dirty brake fluid in it, I have tried to bench bleed it and RE fill it with clean fluid but there remains a layer or some goo inside on the bottom of the MC that won't clear out.

How does one wash out the inside of a dirty MC? Anyone got suggestions? :confused:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the above but its just going to get dirty again... If you don't flush the fluid once a year...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a new resivior.
Budget says NOPE
Or fill it with brake clean a couple times to cut the gunk
Trying that....not working great
All the above but its just going to get dirty again... If you don't flush the fluid once a year...
As for my Preventative maintanence ya, that's a given...but when your dealing with parts you pick of trucks at the salvage yard you work at you work with what you got! How bout some brake clean and fresh fluid then keep flushing with clean fluid? I just hate the gunge!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
please don't take this the wrong way.

I don't know how much the resivior costs, but you have the $$$ to do h-boost conversion, but not enough to get a new resivior?:dunno

Hydro boost and all hoses and can for PS pump...FREE:sly from work, just trying to clean it that's all....it worked fine when I tested the truck so that's good. Just don't want a grungy MC....I'll use it if I gotta!

New MC from Lordco...$200 bucks and taxes....bout $224 then...um...ya ok clean it....much less expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online