how much would you pay?

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to school and in a year I plan... (hope) to buy my first idi back. I sold it for 3500 two years ago. 1989 single cab. Interior is mint (when I sold it). straight truck. Had a big scratch down the side from a fence post. Good tires and rims. No rust. 5 speed. Oh and fully rebuilt n/a motor. The guy I sold it to put that in. What should I give. I'm attached to it as its my first truck. I will have good income. But I don't wanna overpay to bad.

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Up to you... these trucks really don't sell very high. Four wheel drive with no rust and in good working order should be $2500 to $4000.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the old boy didn'tsay he would take 5 grand. Didn't know what he would do he said. Oh well. How hard is it to find a clean87 to 91 ford pickup? What's the price tag on one?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A re-built/remanufactured engine cost is around 3000. How good is the rest of the truck? Rust, interior, bed, tires, things like that.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would say that it held its value as long as he didnt add to the prier damage maybe a lil less for his use maybe the same since he put in the motor jus comes down to what you wanna pay you can probley find one with a tubro for that price bt that one has new motor you can add a turbo your choice i paided 2600 for my 89 ext. xlt 5sp ats turbo.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
5 grand is to much for a regular cab truck IMO, even with the new engine. Regular cab trucks really limit you.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
5 grand is to much for a regular cab truck IMO, even with the new engine. Regular cab trucks really limit you.