how much can i pull?

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm planning on moving from SoCal to MN in june. i'd like to pull a trailer behind old gray(my sig 84). how much weight can i realisticly pull? the truck looks awful but the drivetrain is well maitained. the motor was recently rebuilt(30000 miles)

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I gues it depends on how fast you want to get up the hills. I'd look up the max combined GVWR in the manual (often on the door post as well) and use that as an upper limit.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Combined GVW

:confused: How do you find out the combo weight if its not in the door just each axle and total GVW and I dont have a manuel?
Thanks
John

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
I used to have a 6.9. I pulled maybe 9000 lbs no problem. Of course it had a 4:10 rear. It was no speed demon though.

:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Kali you can pull a max of 10k on the bumper and 14k with a gooseneck. a combined max of 26k is legal with a standard class C non-commercial. With a older F250, those are definitely your upper limits.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
In Kali you can pull a max of 10k on the bumper and 14k with a gooseneck. a combined max of 26k is legal with a standard class C non-commercial. With a older F250, those are definitely your upper limits.

What if your equipment is rated higher? I have a 15,000 lb Class V hitch and 14,000 GVW trailer. Not that I will ever have to be pulling it in Kalifornia, but seems that if the equipment is rated to pull it, they should allow it, but then again, we are talking Kali...:puke:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if your equipment is rated higher? I have a 15,000 lb Class V hitch and 14,000 GVW trailer. Not that I will ever have to be pulling it in Kalifornia, but seems that if the equipment is rated to pull it, they should allow it, but then again, we are talking Kali...:puke:
If you have equipment to pull it, that's not a problem in Kali. You can do it...as long as you have a class A license. Only exception to that is the RV's. No politician in Kali is stupid enough to mess with the AARP crowd with their monster fiver's.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
yes it will, i pulled our 550 bushel Brent wagon loaded with wheat. just use low range and avoid up hill situations, like steep up hills.;Sweet