how long will it take?

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to install the old style Banks turbo parts? How much play can a turbo have? Mine has no side play, but does have some end play if I rcall correctly.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Prolly gonna take a good share of the day. The key is to make sure you have a BFH to get the firewall pushed back to make room for the pipes. Especially where the firewall and the floor pan meet up.
IIRC EZ used a scissor jack and was able to wedge it up in there to do the trick.
Also that heat shield on the passenger side floor pan is a PITA to deal with as it needs to be pushed up as well. What I know now is that I would have removed it before hand as the clamp for the DP slip joint is right in that area.
I did kinda cheat cause I had the cab off at the time.:rolleyes:
I do have some photos in the Golddigger link in my sig that shows the area that had to be pushed back to make room.
Hereand here.

Any idea how many miles on the turbo. Mine has a wee bit of radial and axial play but runs great and has over 90k on it.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I REMOVED the heat sheilds from all my rigs. Don't need em. I'd advise you to do the same. Makes a lot more room for that downpipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online