How do You remove the hydro line from the M5OD slave cyl.?

hamrev

Reaction score
Ok, my son has a 91 351W bronco w/M5OD and today he decided to change out the clutch. He came and ask me if I knew how it came apart. I've never even seen one of these slave cylinders before. But, I told him that I knew how to find out.

So,if anyone can explain how this line comes off of the slave cylinder I would greatly appreciate it.

Revis

tractorman86

Reaction score
if it is a small nylon line it is most likley the same deal as the ZF. there will be a small rollpin right on the side of where the line goes in, push it out the side and the line will come out and have an o-ring on it({DON'T LOOSE THAT})

Metalmacguyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is how it the line disconnects from the master cylinder.

There is a quick disconnect down at the slave cylinder. You will see a white sleeve.

In this photo it is just below the bleeder screw which has been circled.
You must be registered for see images attach

The trick is to push that white collar in towards the slave cylinder to release the quick disconnect. Typically people try to use 2 screwdrivers to push it in.

It also helps to push in on the connector to make it easier to disengage the tabs that are holding the connection together.

Good luck!

Metalmacguyver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its the same setup as my ranger. He has a M5OD-R2 and rangers have the M5OD-R1. They are similar designs, just sized differently.

I had never seen an external slave till I got my F250 though.

hamrev

Reaction score
Ok, that's the one. So I suppose it's sort of like those goofy fuel lines he's got on there. Anyway, thank you Guys so much for the quick responce. I'll tell him when he gets home from work and he'll be a happy camper.

Revis

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 99 Ranger had one too. It delivers a more even push on the throwout bearing than a Fork does. I was glad I never had to service it though.

hamrev

Reaction score
Well, I told him and he was happy to find out that it was that easy but he hasn't had a chance to get back to it yet. He's working way to many hours.

Thanks again,
Revis

hamrev

Reaction score
Well My son finally got back to the clutch project in his Bronco. Armed with the info that we received on here, He was well motivated. After being at it for just a short while he came and told me that the plastic part that you are suppose to push on to release the coupling was missing (broken off). But, He worked on it for about an hour using a very small screwdriver while pushing in on the hose connection and was able to get it loose.

Thank to all for the very helpful info.
Revis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7