How Do I Adjust Camber?

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Well, I got the driver's side almost done. The new bushings are rubber and made by a company called Moog. I just found a D60 from a '75 Ford, and I'm waiting to find out more about it. The guy said he'll take $500 for it and I'm waiting for his call to answer a few questions about it before I buy it (disc or drum, open or closed knuckle, etc.). I found out that the drop bracket for the driver's side was loose, and the bushing was shot, so I'm sure that most of my problems ride on these two factors. I tried to burn out the old bushing, but that was taking forever, so I drilled out the rubber and now I'm trying to get the metal outer bushing out so I can put the new one in. I got pics and I will upload them later.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would save your money for a D60 and be done with it. I had TTB in my 93 with a 4" lift and I fought with it a long time and never could get it right.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
It's finally done. The passenger side was fine, so I didn't even mess with it. I got the new bushing in the driver's side and tightened all the drop bracket bolts (used red thread locker too). Played with the tie rods so that the front are 1/8" closer than the rear of the tires and took it for a drive. The tires have very little postive (\-o-/) camber and went I back up, they stay straight now (|-o-|)! The steering feels good again, and the tires don't rub the springs anymore either under full turn. I will get the pics uploaded as soon as I'm done chopping the cat off the Explorer and get back in for the night. Thanks for all the advice guys!

I got the info back on that D60... It's got drum brakes and is closed knuckle, so I'm passing on it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, glad you fixed it! As toy your question from yesterday - for moving the upper ball joint you'd have needed to move that adjuster thingie, whatever it was called, but how you'd have done that on a D50 axle I dunno.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Pics Of The Bushing

Here are the pics of the bushing (both old and new) and the drop bracket that was loose. I will be adding pics of the truck now in the Pics & Videos Section and will title it Easter 2009 Pics.

Attachments

• DSC01166.JPG
    DSC01166.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01167.JPG
    DSC01167.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01168.JPG
    DSC01168.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01169.JPG
    DSC01169.JPG