Hmmmmmm...

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.5fcf2fc2idfAj9

I can see this being an exceedingly useful thing up here on the frozen wastelands. A guy might even come up with quick-connects and insulated hoses for two vehicles, with the heater itself being inside the shop? Of course it might not make much sense for a feller in ozzieland, but the arctic circle has pretty much expanded around Houston Texas and Miami at times these days. Some clever-clogs reckon it's only going to get worse with the sun going all minimum 'n stuff, but I'll deny ever having said that in court...

edit: Just realized this might not be the best sub-forum for this...

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Broken link now, just brings up a generic page

edit: nevermind, on second try it works now. weird

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Some clever-clogs reckon it's only going to get worse with the sun going all minimum 'n stuff,
I completely believe this. It was supposed to have started in 2018 or 2019. I can say that the last two summers here were cooler and more humid than previous ones have been. I didn't say "cold", but a few degrees is cooler.

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything's made in China now. Everything and everyone. It's the cost that peaked my interest. The euro machines are all massively overpriced and yes, made in China.

I was previously considering using a small steam pressure washer, which is what all those water heaters are based on really. But mine would be more in line with a fort Mac starter truck I saw a while back, only much smaller.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've watched quite a few You Tube videos on these Chinese heaters and they seem to work pretty well. I have one that I'm going to install in my slide in camper someday.

wrecked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking to somebody what has just the 5kw heater only version in his 5 ton box/shop, it'll heat an 11' easy. My old 9" Vanguard already had an oil furnace and that thing was a dragon! mmmmmmmm.... oil......

Can't find those anymore, so these outta do I reckon? With the right flow these could probably run a light shower, or plumb it into any cooling system and warm the cadaver to life when everything is suffering severe shrinkage. We're past that now in the western fringes of the civilized world -- most likely. But I like gadgets like this one. Anything that heats, lights or does something basic to promote life always gets my attention.
Don't ask about the wife. Special dispensation.

I'm considering buying several and selflessly offering to install them for preferred clients, at a fixed rate of course....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online