Hittin the dyno

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to see over 200 hp on my turbo IDI when I dyno it. 150hp would be great for n/a.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im sooting for 280+ when i get my grey truck back together, mine is getting an intercooler, either twin turbos or just a vgt cummins turbo

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
or just a vgt cummins turbo
ohhh. just a VGT. yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know that I fully understand dyno testing just to get a number. There isn't any tuning being done? If you want the number for a stock 7.3idi it's on the valve cover.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I don't know that I fully understand dyno testing just to get a number. There isn't any tuning being done? If you want the number for a stock 7.3idi it's on the valve cover.

Well he has done some mods, and sometimes it's just good to know what you're putting down on pavement. The sticker on my valve cover says 185 but I seriously doubt that I have 185 at the wheels. If nothing else, dieselgiant will have a benchmark for future upgrades...for bonus points Marnin, do a run on pump diesel and then one on the Reservation bio. THAT'S what I'm curious about, if I went to dyno I'd love to see the comparison.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
mine, before turbo was 123 hp, after turbo was 161. tq was 254 before, 320 after.
thats my 86. i am going to dyno the 94 at the rally.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ohhh. just a VGT. yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

I havent decided a vgt or twins, but either way the stock turbo cant keep up with what i need, and its getting the 7.3 psd intercooler either way

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
you say boost is at 30psi right?
Seems like your turbo is doing fine, I'd be looking for more fuel, and colder air. Different timing would help alot too.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
you say boost is at 30psi right?
Seems like your turbo is doing fine, I'd be looking for more fuel, and colder air. Different timing would help alot too.

30psi with the turbo im running is heating the air really bad, and the turbo is surging like mad it wouldnt last long at all at that pressure