High/warm idle not working

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
ever since i replaced my injectors last feburary my high idle/fast idle for warm up hasnt worked. it didnt bother me much because i dont use the truck that often but im bringing it in my garage for service and id like to attend to it while i am there.

where is the connection located? i dont remember pulling anything off the IP but anything is possible. while i am there i would like to do the fast idle mod so i can control it whenever i want, like when i stop and wanna let it run for a while to keep it warm.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Ths switch for it is located behind the water neck. They can come unpluged pretty easy. Mine must have broke so I just wired a switch up to the solenoid on the throttle arm.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^
correct. if you look on the front of the passenger head you can see one of the senders on the top near the ip and the other is down on the front lip or side lip (cant remember off the top of my head) near the exhaust manifold. one is for the gauge the other is for the glow plug harness and is a signal ground for the control to cycle the gp, turn on/off the fuel head, and turn on/off the advance solenoid.

punk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither one of mine work so i figured they were related:D

Corroded connections are the plague of low current senders, try cleaning them, if that doesnt do it ground the wire to the gauge if it pins then you need a sender. The temp sender is in the front of the block ,drivers side, the overheat sender is in the D S head near the exh manifold, the fast idle switch is right behind the water neck as said and it is a ***** to get to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert