High pressure cutout switch

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add a high pressure cut out switch to my high side. I got the motorcraft yh-1705 and a tee fitting that screws into high side. The tee includes a r134a service port and a spot to screw my high pressure switch in. Unfortunately my system is already charged and in order for the tee fitting to work I'd have to pull the schrader valve core to screw the tee fitting in.

Does anyone know of a high pressure switch p/n that I could screw directly onto the 3/8-24 high pressure hose port? Granted I'd have to unscrew it and then screw on a service fitting if I needed to service it, but I would be willing to deal with it until winter - I mean I'm not hooking gauges up THAT often lol. I live in AZ so I really want it just in case.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly loosen your Schrader valve so that it's just barely hissing. Install your new switch quickly. You won't lose but a tiny amount of r134a.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly loosen your Schrader valve so that it's just barely hissing. Install your new switch quickly. You won't lose but a tiny amount of r134a.

HECK of an idea! You Sir, have solved my issue. Perfect! Thank you.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you even sure it has a Schrader valve? Mine didn't on the high side.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah, it definitely does. I replaced literally every component of my AC system last year, and the high side hose has a 3/8-24 valve. I had a r12 to r134a service port adapter on it, and that is now replaced by a tee: 1) connects to the 3/8-24 hose 2) r134a service port 3) switch port for the high side cut out switch.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. Worked like a charm and took all of 10 min to do including wiring the switch in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance