HEY!!! IT RUNS!!! WITH NO LEAKS!!!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Ran it almost 30 minutes and it never dibbled a single drop!
The thing is running a whole lot better now too. Must be the seafoam cleaning crap out of it. The DMF doesnt rattle anymore. It sounds like a totally new truck!
Im taking it in to a local diesel performance shop tomorrow to have it properly timed and tuned, and it should be good to go!
I hope its up to the challenge, its going to have to haul a 38ft trailer with two 70 camaros on it, over 500 miles one way, next weekend.
The Pyro hits darn near 1050 degrees just mashing the pedal to the floor going up a hill without a load on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad things are working out for you finally. I just dodged a bullet( gees... thats a statement about using the word Dodge). On the 12th of next month I was driving to Regina Sask in a 2006 dually cewwcab 4x4... Thats the 6.0 pos... Well it went up to Reno for a reginal horse show. The EG vavle failed up there and just as they got home unloading the trailer. So it was taken to a "better dealer" and they said its really fixed this time. Nope. It made it to Grants New Mexico. They were trying to get to Albuquerque (yep thats how its spelled cause I copied it from the map) and the motor let go..... Ford told them the block is cracked now... Gees... Those 6.0 motors are sure a great setup aren't they... Sure, having 4 valves per cylinder is neat but the reliablity os just not there yet. Wonder why Ford is so mad at Navistar..... So maybe now we will look at something else for horse transportation... Maybe a conventional travtor Volvo.....:D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dang man!
I didnt think International made any of fords engines anymore???
I'm always going into my International dealer dissing the new PS engines and they all are always agreeing with me.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do people have these issues on the MD trucks? ford might just have them turned up so much they exploode. I know the turbo setup is different between the PS used in LD ford trucks and the MD internationals trucks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gary I know I said this in person ,but if you just get rid of the ******* horses, !!! Well you know how I feel about them. About the same as a 6.0

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Glad things are working out for you finally. I just dodged a bullet( gees... thats a statement about using the word Dodge). On the 12th of next month I was driving to Regina Sask in a 2006 dually cewwcab 4x4... Thats the 6.0 pos... Well it went up to Reno for a reginal horse show. The EG vavle failed up there and just as they got home unloading the trailer. So it was taken to a "better dealer" and they said its really fixed this time. Nope. It made it to Grants New Mexico. They were trying to get to Albuquerque (yep thats how its spelled cause I copied it from the map) and the motor let go..... Ford told them the block is cracked now... Gees... Those 6.0 motors are sure a great setup aren't they... Sure, having 4 valves per cylinder is neat but the reliablity os just not there yet. Wonder why Ford is so mad at Navistar..... So maybe now we will look at something else for horse transportation... Maybe a conventional travtor Volvo.....:D

Well , if you're going to be hauling horses long distance, heavy on a regular basis, a tractor isn't a half crazy idea. If you can find a way to write it off, even better

Some of those newer engines ( can't remember which, they were just starting to come out when I was getting out of the things , but N14 , L-10 or something showed some amazing promise. First time I drove one of those things I embarrased myself. Dragged a 42 ft flatbed of steel around the state all day and then put it in the shop because the gauge had barely moved and that truck had little bitty tanks, I should have been sucking fumes. The service manager got a good laugh out of it, especially popping the caps on the fuel tanks and *rubbing my nose in it* :rotflmao but that darn thing was getting around 18-22 mpg, and that was a twin screw non sleeper cab , /w headache rack and box and oodles of chains , straps tarps and blocks puling a 42ft steel flatbed, loaded down HEAVY with steel running sunup 'till sundown in the Ozarks. With a traditional Cummins engine ,best I should have seen on that run would have been about 6 mpg ( best as in on the the deadhead back, lucky to get 3-4 loaded down heavy on those steep pulls)

Find an old local off lease flatbed tractor like that with a stretch frame and no sleeper and you'd have plenty of room to pop a nice camper on the thing :D and you'd barely feel one of those big horse trailers behind one of those things :rotflmao

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
id stay away from a n-14 they like to drop valves at around 500,000
if you find one make shure that u get one that allready had some new heads put on

sassyrel

Reaction score
id stay away from a n-14 they like to drop valves at around 500,000
if you find one make shure that u get one that allready had some new heads put on
that engine also likes to chew holes in the front timing cover--at much less miles----what a riot!!!!

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
that engine also likes to chew holes in the front timing cover--at much less miles----what a riot!!!!

one of or trucks did that at about 250,000 i guess i wasnt working here at that time when that happened
an old design ***** with a computer go figure i cant believe that cummins had run with that same basic design for so long

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Ouch, that's a shame. Learn something new every day. Those things were still intheir courtship period when I got out of it. I just got to see the good part :rolleyes: