HELP!!!!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The truck I'm trading the 88 fir has a problem. It is sticking. You can free it up using a breaker bar. The guy tried to pull it(not sure if plugs were in or not) bit all it did was lock up! Ever gear was the same. The guy has a lot of 7.3 but normally the turn over with one hand on the breaker bar. This one was a little stiffer.. any ideas??????

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the GP's out, see which cylinder coolant comes out. Me think's that engine is cavitated.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Thats whats crazy. No coolent in any cylinders or in the oil

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he spun a bearing? Pull the inspection cover and disconnect all the belts. If that engine doesn't spin freely with the glow plugs out, then your probably in deep. If it's a manual have someone hold the clutch in. If it's an auto, take the torque converter bolts loose. You need to make sure the problem is JUST the engine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Thats a sticky wicked mess right there. With all the glow plugs out and it still wont bar over tells me something is holding a piston in place to the cylinder. You state no water in the oil. How was that determined. A dropped valve could be causing this too or a rusted cylinder. Has this engine sat for a long time. A spun bearing could be a possibility but the ones I have know of usually have so much clearance the run but knock terribly. Now if a bearing spun. The engine was running longer than it should have been running the rod could have broke too jamming the crank. To see if the valve dropped pull the valve covers and look see. You may just want to walk away from this one. Not really enough information is being shared with you. The above postings are a good place to strat too but so far nothing but some guessing going on here with what you have told us about the engines life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance