Help identifying switches

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About your heater...sounds like the classic syndrome of the resistor under the hood being bad or having a bad connection. It is located just below the blower motor under the hood on the a/c box. It's probably burned out.

BTW, we want pics of your scrap metal price jewel. Just sayin....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, some reason I was thinking it wouldn't send power to the valve if the switch wasn't in place.
On the fan, could be the blower motor resistor.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

wvredxj

Reaction score
About your heater...sounds like the classic syndrome of the resistor under the hood being bad or having a bad connection. It is located just below the blower motor under the hood on the a/c box. It's probably burned out.

Yep i think that is it. It will be the next thing i am checking. Thanks alot man.

wvredxj

Reaction score
Black Sheep the day she came home:

You must be registered for see images attach

Winch bumper i am building. Plan on running a engine driven hydro pump, with a m105 military bed made into a dump.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, my fuel gauge is have the same problem, intermittently, on my 95. I may sound silly but I don't quite grasp what you're meaning when you say "jumper" the wires. I mean, I would think you are saying run a wire between the yellow/white and dark blue/ yellow wires to connect their currents together. Is that correct?

wvredxj

Reaction score
Okay, my fuel gauge is have the same problem, intermittently, on my 95. I may sound silly but I don't quite grasp what you're meaning when you say "jumper" the wires. I mean, I would think you are saying run a wire between the yellow/white and dark blue/ yellow wires to connect their currents together. Is that correct?

Yes. Or in my case a paper clip plugged into the plug, but that is temporary.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that keep you from changing tanks, as in you can only run the front tank then?
(it became much clearer when I actually studied the diagram, duh)

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, connect the wires together.

Do you use both tanks on your truck? Does it do it with both tanks?

Most intermittent problems with a fuel gauge can be traced to a bad ground, or a dead spot in the sending unit.

wvredxj

Reaction score
i only have one fuel tank, no tank switch, no fuel switch valve, and an electric pump. So to make everything work with dual tanks, you would probably not want to start jumpering wires. Sounds to me like you a have a sending unit/float problem. Or could be in your wiring. Look at your wiring in your frame rail for signs of abrasion.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has done it with both tanks. When it does do it the gauge pegs out regardless of what you do with the switch.
I was thinking it was a bad sending unit or a ground. I presume, if I understand correctly that each tank would have a separate sending unit, then the bad connection would be at a point between both sending units, such as the FSV?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tank selector is switching tanks properly (valving), and you peg past full on both tanks, then the break is most likely between the connector on the selector and the gauge head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5