Hello from Norcal

Anm8r

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and diesels. I bought a '91 F350 with a utility bed last year as an expedition toy. I go out to the Northern Nevada desert several times a year to shoot long range steel explore and drink a few beers in the evenings. The lock boxes are awesome for keeping all the aux equipment, repair parts guns locked up.

I've replaced just about about everything and added a Banks Sidewinder because when I hit those long steep grades over 5000' in the Sierra Nevada Mtns the power loss is excruciating. I hated going slow and watching my fuel go up in smoke.

I had back surgery in May so installing the Banks was beyond me. I got a quote from a local mechanic for $650 and dropped it off. I got it back running great but with 2 problems. When I back up my steep driveway the exhaust rattles hard against the firewall and they didn't install the gauges. They had me bring it back and charged me another $200 for that saying the $650 was just for the turbo. I argued that I gave them the kit# which included the gauges. I paid the money but am going to file a complaint. $850 seems like a ripoff to me.

Other than the growl from the exhaust hitting the firewall I love this truck. If the mechanic doesn't make it right I'll take care of that. It starts immediately and runs really smooth.

Greg