Heater bypass is an awesome fix!!!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I think I'm going to use 2 manually switched L valves to redirect coolant flow without disconnecting hoses when the seasons (or the Ohio weather) changes.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the automatic coolant shut off valve for my rear heater core in my '88 e250. It seems to only block flow when AC is selected and not when defrost is selected (still have rear heat avialable when front defrost is on). Not sure exactly where the signal comes from to make it close.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting a heater shut off valve would be a great idea. In the spring and fall when I don't use the ac or heater there is always hot air coming from the floor vents. what year should I be looking at for this shut off valve?

I found most of them that are in the yards are old and pretty brittle. Mid 90s Rangers and exploders are where you find them.

I went this route.
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-YG...?ie=UTF8&qid=1436149828&sr=8-1&keywords=Yg350

I tee'd it into the vacuum line that goes to the recirculate air door under the hood right by the passenger side hood hinge. That way it she's off the heater core when the air is on max ac.

Here is a cutoff plumbed in to the hater lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

And the vacuum pins tee'd in.

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ Thats what I did on the Bronco....works flawlessly when I was driving the Bronco!

Simple effective and all stock Ford parts...no rethinking or custom aftermarket ball valves etc...nice clean setup!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron