Heads up!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Don't buy the delphi pumps for our motors!

I put one in a customer's 94 E350 7.3 idi 2 weeks ago.

Came in today with a hard start, crank case is waaay overfull and is fuel diluted. Took pump off for warrenty, parts store brought another Delphi pump, filling out the warrenty card i look down. Contact Airtex Products 1-800-880-3056

******* didn't leak out the weep hole!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was just checking these out yesterday.cartar pumps can be found for around 35-40$ on ebay,rock auto,amazon.

Carter M60278

any known issues with the carter? probably where navistar sourced their factory pumps? id guess that anyway.no clue really.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i was just checking these out yesterday.cartar pumps can be found for around 35-40$ on ebay,rock auto,amazon.

Carter M60278

any known issues with the carter? probably where navistar sourced their factory pumps? id guess that anyway.no clue really.

I have a carter on my truck and its been fine. The carter pump physically looks stronger down to the arm. Tell you what though, the F series chassis is so much easier to put a pump in vs the E series. This thing sliced and diced me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Electric lift pump my man.. Thats the big word these days. I run the trancold carrier pumps found on all the refrigeration units on every coold cargo container you see going down the roads... If it can suck diesel from under the trailers at the spare tire area and pump it up 11 ft... Well then it wil work for us no problems. Sure beats the hell out of diluting the engine oil.. But on the bright side the engine will really be clean inside...:eek::angel:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Electric lift pump my man.. Thats the big word these days. I run the trancold carrier pumps found on all the refrigeration units on every coold cargo container you see going down the roads... If it can suck diesel from under the trailers at the spare tire area and pump it up 11 ft... Well then it wil work for us no problems. Sure beats the hell out of diluting the engine oil.. But on the bright side the engine will really be clean inside...:eek::angel:

Well my own personal truck has a mechanical pump because i run a cocktail of fuel.

The customer's van? Well i gave him a choice of running a electric pump and the mechanical pump. Even gave him a price on a Napa equivalent of the ****** pump. His words verbatim "the first pump lasted 200K" i don't want anything that can't be fixed easily. I responded then lets get a "good pump"...

Open mouth, insert foot.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a thread a few days ago about this very issue. Bought a delphi off amazon, installed it, did a test drive. When I read the warranty card it said to contact Airtex. No thanks. I guess I'll try a Carter.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Even with my new Carter pump failure this summer, I'd still take another over an airtex any day.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airtex is sold at Autozone correct? If so that's what I put on mine and its been working fine fore several years without a lick of problems.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I just put an Airtex in this summer, that was before I knew about there problems. Now I am thinking I should pull it. I had multiple electric pumps in but they could not keep up with my fuel mixes.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I just put an Airtex in this summer, that was before I knew about there problems. Now I am thinking I should pull it. I had multiple electric pumps in but they could not keep up with my fuel mixes.

Yeah, I feel your pain... That's why I made this- I get a solid 6psi post filter now. Sounds funny though, the Holley goes errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and the Facet goes bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. A couple Powerstroke guys got out of their truck and were walking past my truck at Home Depot when I switched on, they both looked around and I overheard one of them remark "Somebody's fuel pump works.." I just thought to myself, yessir it sure as hell does..LOL

Attachments

• GEDC0285.jpg
    GEDC0285.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 18
  • GEDC0284.jpg
    GEDC0284.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 15
  • GEDC0287.jpg
    GEDC0287.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 14