Have a look....

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
. Here I am having a wrenching party all alone....y'all are missing all the fun....:rolleyes: :D

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. I found the problem.... But I think she had a few more miles left...:angel:

This lifter swap is super easy....and just think I was all worried.....:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you found a collapsed lifter and its easier than you thought to remove and install. Clean clear pics are worthy of phrase... But blurry are worthy of none. I will say thanks for trying and being able to post pics. I'm a member on the Auburn Cord Duesenberg site and I can't post pics there. Neither can many members. Sadly nobody knows whats wrong too. When all the lifters are installed do yourself a favor. Make sure the lifter spring bar is installed on the dog bones before the valley pan is installed. This forum had a member years ago really happy to have replaced all the lifters and was listening to the engine running when I noticed the spring bar on the work bench....:eek::rotflmaocookoo That was a great day gone in a second. Also install the pushrods before the valley pan. That way you can be sure they are properly in the lifter cups. Some owners feel the crank damper timing mark needs to be at the 1100 oclock position before tightening down the rockers so none of the valves contact the pistons at top dead center. If the lifters are installed emty or dry they will compress just fine. Some don't want to chance it and move the crank anyway. When the crank is at the 11 oclock position all the pistons are below top dead center.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hows about a pic of the roller?
did it eat the cam?

i would be chucking it up inna vice and slapping a dial indicator on it...

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my surprise the roller was good and what I could see of the cam... no scaring. Pics when I get home....

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better pics with my work phone...

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a lifter spring bar? When I took my intake gasket off it had a broken piece laying in the bottom along with the loose dog bone.....glad I found that before it got ugly....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i were you, i would seriously consider dropping a cam in...
Russ's torque cam has had great reviews...
and there pretty easy to install, after you get everything out of the way.