Hard Start Cold

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't the glow plugs...they stay on as usual. 10 seconds, remember I have a solid state system..... The truck runs great otherwise, and it isn't that bad to start it cold, just not quick like it should be. Will usually start within 10 seconds of cranking. It starts on teh first or second hit as usual after it has been started even if it hasn't been warmed up as long as it has been run a bit and hasn't had a chance to sit very long. Once I have run it it will start great for 5-7 hours but if it sits longer than that, I hjave teh same problema s first thing in the morning. I tried to look at the fuel filter to see if I have lost some prime, but had a hard time getting it off and was running late for work. If it is losing it's prime what is this likely to be? Injector tees have already been r&r'd, #1 injector to filter head line has already been plugged, I know I have a couple of minor fuel leaks but nothing I would think would causethis problem... Thanks for any input,
J.D.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
JD,

Whereabouts are the leaks. The return lines replaced and hose clips in place? Was it still leaking after the cap and o-rings R&R'ed? It might be that an o-ring was cut on cap replacement. Done that one before myself.

Ron :peelout

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leak that I know about is around where the fuel return line(the big one) goes to teh injector pump. Can't see if there are any more leaks or not.

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the sound of things you have air in the system, your return line would give these systoms. Check all your lines.

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The consensus here seemed to be that it is probably air intrusion, so I have decided to pursue that line of attack...this morning I went to bleed the schrader valve...guess what, lots of air and no fuel at all. Cranked until I had fuel. Gonna go for a start in about 30 minutes to go to work, maybe it will go a littl easier. Who else thinks its probably that leak I mentionjed on the IP return line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online