GV & Hydroboost Recovered Today But....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So today I went back to the yard to recover the GV on the C6 thats sitting in back of a truck bed. It comes right off and into my bucket. Then I start to remove a hydroboost on another truck when my only 3/8 drive Craftsman wrachet starts giving up the ghost. It wont stay engaged when I'm under the dash removing the jam nuts..... So after lots of new works said in many differant languages its finally off. I go to another truck to do the same but hell... Not today with that pos in my hands. So it off to buy what I have. Lucky for me today is half off on brake parts....;Sweet So I find one guy in line and thats who I usually go to and then I see another line and nobody is waiting so... Nobody anywhere behind me so I walk up and show what I have. One hydroboost and as I'm trying to lift the tail shaft up so "JIM" can see all of it some ******* suddenly appears behind me as Jim says tail shaft... $19.00. Then this fool says ... Wow. Thats a gear Vendors on the end of that.....-cuss-cuss I turn and give him a look that has killed many before him.... So its at this point I say with all my best effort... Hay... Shut the *uck up and get the *uck out of here..... He leaves... And then Jim now knows what I have and is trying to "find what it will cost me"... Then the ******* comes back in line behind me and says... Do you know how expensive those things are... Well... Now I'm really past the edge and this guy is asking for more. Again I tell him shut the hell up and get the *uck out of here... Nope... He doesn't move but now hes starring me down... Not good at all. So I "show him" the tag on the side of the GV... I ask him if he can see any name on it and now I tell him just ... Well you know the story. So as he is easing away he tells me this... "Jim is a good guy. He will give you a good price"..... I should have killed him but.. Gees.... It just wasn't my day... So finally this jerk is gone and my new friend Jim needs front office help to find what this "item" is going to cost me... Finally he tells me $121.43 without warranty.......;Sweet:D Thats $19.99 for the tail shaft housing plus a $3.00 core and $74.99 for the GV and $14.00 for the hydroboost. Now I can hear all of you saying what a deal but... Thats not the point. I don't need any help like this jerk tried to give plus the tail shaft housing is really the GV housing thats needed to mate the GV to the C6. So I don't feel like I should have been required to pay twice for that. Had it been a true C6 tail shaft housing then ok. Today just was not one of my better days.....:cry:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
sure it sucks...
i'd still give three times that for it.

and I'm sure 30 others would get in line with me....
still, I'd have beat that man down in the parking lot.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is always some big mouth F$%^head somewhere. Do you think he would have come back if I was there with you?:D:D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Gees, that guy is suffering from a terminal case of hoof in mouth :backoff:backoff:backoff

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have an ability to "know things" and who people are...... I really think this was a Leo..... He just had that look about him... That attitude and manerism..:dunnocookoo:confused:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Sooooooo...its bad that he made you be legit? Thats what LEO's do. Maybe he was a pracher and it was your time to hear the truth...:)

SWS

motrack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this "jerk" was just a employee who was doing his job and looking out for his employers........ shame on him for uncovering the truth of your trying to buy a GV unit for the price of a tail shaft.

Sounds like someone I want to hire.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this "jerk" was just a employee who was doing his job and looking out for his employers........ shame on him for uncovering the truth of your trying to buy a GV unit for the price of a tail shaft.

Sounds like someone I want to hire.
if that was really the case, he should have done it much more tactfully. the person's meathod of communication would have potentially brought him much harm in today's world.
no. he would be a poor fit in my operation. i need people who can keep situations peaceful when it needs to be.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
If the folks at the junk yard don't know the value of something like a GV overdrive, thats thier problem. If a person can walk out of a junk yard with $500 worth of parts and only be charged $75 or so, more power to ya. All that stuff would've ended up in a scrap grinder anyway.
It doesn't matter which one of us it is that gets that "once in a lifetime deal", I will congradulate you for getting the deal. It's knowing what certain things are worth that gives guys like us an edge on discovering a good deal when there's one to be had. There is no sin in that IMO. I will be the first to admit that I have found some great deals, so good that you could use the phrase; "he stole it" for that price. My first idi truck, was one of those "deals". 1986 F350 crewcab, 4x4 with a 6.9+C-6, mated to a NP-205 case. 35" tires, good running truck with a straight body. I bought the truck for $700. Over the years I turned it into a good looking truck, with a flatbed and other goodies. I sold that truck almost a year ago for $3k. That was a good investment. I have bought and sold quite a few Dodge cummins trucks, every single one was a good investment that brought more money than what I paid for it.

Everybody is entitled to a great find, no matter what it is. If the persone selling the item doesn't understand it true potential or value, thats their fault, the buyer should not feel the least bit guilty for getting a steal.
If I cant get it for next to nothing, I probably wont buy it.

Well there's my $.02 for what its worth.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo...its bad that he made you be legit? Thats what LEO's do. Maybe he was a pracher and it was your time to hear the truth...:)

SWS

He was legit to begin with, he was paying for the thing and not stealing it, after he spend the time to lay in the dirt and remove the thing to begin with - it's the junkyard's fault for not knowing what the GV is and how much it's really worth.

And that guy with the big mouth, round where I used to live he wouldn't safely make it much farther than past the gate, and that's only cause the junkyard has cameras in the parking lot....

tractorman86

Reaction score
If the folks at the junk yard don't know the value of something like a GV overdrive, thats thier problem. If a person can walk out of a junk yard with $500 worth of parts and only be charged $75 or so, more power to ya. All that stuff would've ended up in a scrap grinder anyway.
It doesn't matter which one of us it is that gets that "once in a lifetime deal", I will congradulate you for getting the deal. It's knowing what certain things are worth that gives guys like us an edge on discovering a good deal when there's one to be had. There is no sin in that IMO. I will be the first to admit that I have found some great deals, so good that you could use the phrase; "he stole it" for that price. My first idi truck, was one of those "deals". 1986 F350 crewcab, 4x4 with a 6.9+C-6, mated to a NP-205 case. 35" tires, good running truck with a straight body. I bought the truck for $700. Over the years I turned it into a good looking truck, with a flatbed and other goodies. I sold that truck almost a year ago for $3k. That was a good investment. I have bought and sold quite a few Dodge cummins trucks, every single one was a good investment that brought more money than what I paid for it.

Everybody is entitled to a great find, no matter what it is. If the persone selling the item doesn't understand it true potential or value, thats their fault, the buyer should not feel the least bit guilty for getting a steal.
If I cant get it for next to nothing, I probably wont buy it.

Well there's my $.02 for what its worth.

i agree 100% but i think that was more like $.04 LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You know... I half expected some of these comments but this is what it was. I didn't even have a chance to tell "jim" what was on the end of the tail shaft.... YET... The ******* behind me had a trunk deck lid and some electrical parts. I had no reason to try to steal anything. I buy good deals when they come along. Like $14.00 for a hydroboost because its half off days deals. Some of the thoughts here are ... Well lets say just differant. The guy behind me was making trouble and thats all there is to it. I have paid some sellers more than there asking price just because it seemed like the right thing to do. This was not that kind of deal. I have no idea what shape this GV is in. I paid what I felt was a fair core charge price. The GV tail shaft housing was the part worth every bit of money I paid. I'm here reading all comments. I do wonder where some of them come from though. To those that feel it was some kind of devine entervention or just what a leo or employee does to protect there own I say this... Get a life or get a grip.... Thats not my way of getting a "deal" and there is no shame in getting a good deal.....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 what pipeliner said. The people behind the window get paid either way. I carried 2 vw transaxles to the window once, they get 150 each for them, the guy says they are nissan trans, 50 bucks each, who am I to argue. If you leave it up to them it is their decision.
I dont agree with the Holier than thou attitude. I buy and sell at a fair price, you win some and lose some.
I also think the bigmouth should have zipped it till the whole transaction was done. Jumping to conclusions has bit everyone in the ass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online