Group 31 in a 92-96

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
How well does a Group 31 battery fit in the 92-96 f-trucks? My g/fs bronco is going to need a battery soon and i might as well upgrade, right? haha. since the bronco and F-trucks use the same pass battery tray id ask here.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
This is what the crew cab is getting. I am going to make battery trays for her, mount both batteries on the passenger side near the starter.

I am not sure how they do with factory trays though. The 1992 - up trucks had less clearance with the hood. I remember people wayiong a mudflap over the battery for short circuit protection.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how they do with factory trays though. The 1992 - up trucks had less clearance with the hood. I remember people wayiong a mudflap over the battery for short circuit protection.

Yeah, the CAT 31's were way too close to the hood for my comfort. No way I was going to risk it. I got the 65's instead.

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I put 31's in my truck and have about an inch of clearance with my factory trays. BUT that is with the stud type terminals, not the regular battery posts. my ends were getting a little iffy anyway so i upgraded.

i have posted pics before but i can again if you want to see them in a 92+ body style.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think RLDSL's the one who did that...and the mudflap (or SOME sort of rubber protection) seems like a good idea to me. IIRC they fit in the stock battery trays, but the clearance is really close...

My cables are already set up for stud-top batteries; I'm using stud-to-lug adapters at the moment until my current batteries fail (and, considering that my batteries are about to celebrate their 10th birthday, they'll die sooner rather than later :shocked: )...then it's on to Group 31's ;Sweet

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
awsome, thanks guys. jred if u could post pics id appreciate it.

i did this to my 88 and its friggen awsome. i also took an extra step and used an old floot mat (i have a thread floating around).

tenlug

Reaction score
I put group 31's with posts in the 1985 (92 front clip). Lowered the trays 1.5 inch. Works good. Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online