Grille?

jvencius

Reaction score
How hard is it to change out the grill on a SuperDuty and what do you have to do to remove/install one? I've been thinking about swapping to the plain gray (IIRC Ford calls it the "argent" grill) from the chromed version I have now. I just prefer the plainer look of the gray grill and have never gotten around to changing it out. If there's anyone interested in a swap, let me know--the grille on mine is in good shape but, being 3 yrs old, it does have a few minor chips from rocks, road debris, etc... but no cracks that I've seen.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
six screw on the top (back side) and four clips spaced evenly across the front, its very easy

You sure? I thought it was 4 screws across the top, and TWO clips at the bottom.

You need a semi long screwdriver to reach in between the grille and the bumper and give those clips just the lisghtest little twist and they pop right out. Shouldnt take ANY FORCE AT ALL.

Another option instead of replacing your grille, is painting it!

Go from
You must be registered for see images

to
You must be registered for see images

jvencius

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
You sure? I thought it was 4 screws across the top, and TWO clips at the bottom.

You need a semi long screwdriver to reach in between the grille and the bumper and give those clips just the lisghtest little twist and they pop right out. Shouldnt take ANY FORCE AT ALL.

Another option instead of replacing your grille, is painting it!

I thought about painting my grille, but the gray color of the cheap-o Ford grill matches the color of my spray-on bedliner/rocker panels/fender trim/step bars and I figure being able to buy one the color I want beats the hassle of trying to find a rattlecan to match the color and then painting the grille.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
mine had six... i also just checked my ford service cd and it said six and four as well :confused: you never can tell though, might have had a model change between your truck and mine, they are going to do what ever is the cheapest and will still hold it on

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i wonder what mine would look like painted.. black (to match the truck) and chrome... what do ya think?

yours looks pretty sweet daryl ;Sweet

jvencius

Reaction score
jlayne said:
i wonder what mine would look like painted.. black (to match the truck) and chrome... what do ya think?

yours looks pretty sweet daryl ;Sweet

Semi-transparent black over chrome would look pretty sweet. Iffn' I were you, I might think about buying the grill off of a No Boundries Excursion or off of the Sport model Super Duty--it's factory painted/clearcoated so installation would be much-o easier-o.

SeaTowJoe

Reaction score
Not too hard to cut away the original and the chrome insert looks great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7