Governor adjustment

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure thing, hop on the website and buy two stickers. Leave a note at checkout you need the gov spring and I’ll drop it in the mail for you.

IH-GM IDI

Reaction score
You can 'kinda' adjust the governor. Turn the min-max rod in till its against the lock nut, gives a little more fuel in the top end.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure thing, hop on the website and buy two stickers. Leave a note at checkout you need the gov spring and I’ll drop it in the mail for you.
Just for kicks and grins, let us know how many people try that.... :rotflmao

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can 'kinda' adjust the governor. Turn the min-max rod in till its against the lock nut, gives a little more fuel in the top end.
It also changes the "feel" of the pump/governor - much more sensitive when you turn that screw in.
I've done this before with a pump that liked to die when brought down to idle quickly(slow governor response). It worked, but wasn't a solution really.

And, for anyone else who reads this topic many years later, the 'torque screw' does exactly the opposite of what it is supposed to - it cuts top-end fuel(and power). Low end isn't really touched as much(it limits how far open the metering valve can go).
(I literally verified this on the dyno with a Banks kit and stock, maxed IP - ~160 RWHP with torque screw at stock position, ~200 RWHP with it backed out all the way... and no change in floor-it-at-idle smoke).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat