Got the 60 in today!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That looks good, I really want a D60 in mine. Quick question, did you use the F-350 front springs as well?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I compared the two springs and the 350s were definitly different. Plus I figured I would have to do something with the front driveshaft if I stuck with the stock springs.

Just keep your eyes open, I paid 250 out of pocket for the 350 and I think I have another 80 into busing and bolts and I have replace the bearings here eventually. The only reason I bought the 350 was because of the Dana 60, the running diesel and the brand new boggers. I figures I could make most if not all my money back.

Once I sell the boggers Ill probably end up not really paying anything for the truck.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid 2000 for the truck and the owner drove it down from Lake City to my house in Deltona. I offered less but it was worth both the time and fuel I would have had to spend to have him bring it to me.

I dont know if the 38.5's would fit at the moment. I would need to put the 4 in blocks in the back and then it would be possible.

We just got finished putting the dana 50 back into the f350, what a pain in the ass!

It really wasnt that bad after we figured out that the springs had to be bolted in before the center pivot bolt was put in for the drivers side of the axle. With the new bushings that front end sits about 1.5 inches higher then it did on my truck and the 38's still fit with that front end. What helps tho is that the fenders have been cut out to all for the bigger and taller tires.

I plan on swapping outers next week, maybe Ill throw the boggers on to see what they look like. :)

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
man thats a great deal for a diesel 350 down here. If i could find something like that id be all over it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a mint condition truck just like it for 2500 awhile back for 2500. Had a bad motor but already had a six inch lift and a 5 speed. I missed that one by a day so went after this one instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online