Got her Running again!!!!

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last weekend I switched tanks. Pump kept pulling from the Rear tank ( I was "running" on the front). Tank ran dry. Trucked died. Went through the usual and still couldnt get any fuel at the filter. Replaced the Fuel Switch Valve, $380:puke: from dealer. Still no fuel. Replaced the slightly used pump with a new Manual LP. Still no fuel. Installed a temp Electric pump, Mr Gasket # 12, to trouble shoot with. Cracked a couple of injectors and SHE ALIVE!!!! Now Im awating the Carrier LP from GennLighting. Then I will be permeant, hope to have this all done right next wknd.

Took it for a run this evening to clear it out a bit. Im noticing that it still dosent seem to pull from Front tank when selected. I do notice the Rear tank getting lower.

DO you think the Front tank Sending Unit has gone out?

To icanfixall and DesertBen44 :hail;Sweet; Ya'lls right ups and pics got me through the pump install!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much fuel is indicated in the front tank?

Could you be suffering from the dreaded SHOWER HEAD issue?

Sounds like that's what's going on to me ....Is that FSV you installed a FORD one or aftermarket?

I used that same MR Gasket pump for my install too, seems to work ok for me for now, and yes Carrier pump is next!

Glad you could use the info onsite for your benefit.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front tank reads FULL past the F!!:dunno

The FSV was from Ford dealer. Parts stores offered a Universal one for a lot less. The Return lines where in the wrong spot and the Plug for the wiring was WAY OFF!!

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. You can find the wiring diagram online. Let me know if you want me to send it to you. You can test your switch by seeing that the voltage changes on the proper pins. Then you can unplug the harness at the fuel valve under the truck and see if the voltage is present there on the proper pins. For me everything checked out there pointing to the 6-way pollack valve as faulty. With the harness plugged in I tend to blow fuses so I think there is a short i inside the valve. I did not get around to changing the valve yet so am always running on the rear tank, which at great expense at least is brand new. Always something, but got to love the IDI.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm happy to have been of some help to you... Thats what this forum is famous for... Helpig those that need the help. We offer free help... Now go to any dealer and ask for free help:rotflmao.. Those guys could use a good laugh now and then..:angel:

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. You can find the wiring diagram online. Let me know if you want me to send it to you. You can test your switch by seeing that the voltage changes on the proper pins. .

IF you would please send me that diagram. Im looking at either the switch, or a bad return line, or seal at Rear tank sending unit. Causing a vacuum loss.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online