You must be registered for see images attach

odd aftermarket parts

cancer

Got to love the one owner barn finds

Well put in two new batteries, and a little pull start, and we were off. Brakes not so good, power steering not so good, starter died after I got her home, and have a fuel leak out of the ip, but all in all for not having been touched since '05, not too shabby. Lots of '80s touches, lots of switches to nowere.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For an IL truck, that rust could certainly be worse. But, new body panels/fenders will fix that. Great old '83 IDI. C6 or T19 transmission. T19 will make it even better (at least to me, I hate autos).:D

Heath

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome find!! ;Sweet

An 83 F350 dually 4x4...Makes me curious...I didn't think dually F350 4x4's came out until 85.5...

I'm jealous! :thumbsup:

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For an IL truck, that rust could certainly be worse. But, new body panels/fenders will fix that. Great old '83 IDI. C6 or T19 transmission. T19 will make it even better (at least to me, I hate autos).:D
Heath
Shes a T19,;Sweet PO said an auto was not an option when he order it, Oct/Nov of '82. It has new factory doors and i got one new factory in the box fender with it. He is looking for the cab corners he bought years ago.

Awesome find!! ;Sweet

An 83 F350 dually 4x4...Makes me curious...I didn't think dually F350 4x4's came out until 85.5...

I'm jealous! :thumbsup:

Its a F250 with a true dually dana 70 he swapped in. Its got spacers on the ttb:puke:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find. You have a 6.9 that is the "model A" designation. A little less compression than all the subsequent "model B's", which gives you a slight edge when you go to turbocharge her. ;Sweet I've got those books too, and they will be on display at the Moose Museum at the July rally.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
A model= 20.5:1 compression
B model= 22.5:1 compression

I wish i had a 4x4 dually;Sweet if you dont like the adapters, i would liek to have them

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I see a plow frame though so you might want to look into new front springs and checking out the front end really well. If it's been used heavily as a plow truck the extra front end weight and hard life can kill the springs and give the front end a good workout. Especially the 4x4 u-joints since you don't usually plow in 2x4. Definitely a good project though.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Looks good. I see a plow frame though so you might want to look into new front springs and checking out the front end really well. If it's been used heavily as a plow truck the extra front end weight and hard life can kill the springs and give the front end a good workout. Especially the 4x4 u-joints since you don't usually plow in 2x4. Definitely a good project though.

thats true--and depending on the severity of the use of the plow--check just behind the spring mounts,the front ones--for frame cracking..yup,,seen it tooo much..just reweld,after grooving,,then reinforce a bit--sometimes ford,sometimes!!!!

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find. You have a 6.9 that is the "model A" designation. A little less compression than all the subsequent "model B's", which gives you a slight edge when you go to turbocharge her. ;Sweet I've got those books too, and they will be on display at the Moose Museum at the July rally.
After this long and a little blow by, is hairdryer a good idea?? And I have fuel leaking out of the bottom left side of the ip, which I am thinking is making me loose prime. How much for a baby moose? Or go for the moose on my '93 and put that one on :sly

I got the plow with it, like new hardly used. Cutting edge is still like new. Good point though, this has the lighter outers on the axles. If I can find a D60, that will fix that problem though.

I am just wondering what to do with her though. Part of me wants fix'er up, but its almost worth more in parts :dunno

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A model= 20.5:1 compression
B model= 22.5:1 compression

I wish i had a 4x4 dually;Sweet if you dont like the adapters, i would liek to have them

I have some D60 dually outers for my '93, so I should get to swapin and send you those;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08