Got beat twice today (ICP Sensor)

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
First I got beat by my ICP sensor. It decided to fail mechanically not electrically. It was poring oil all over the place. When I wiggled the wire around a little bit the whole plastic piece came out and I got an oil bath:backoff(but kinda :rotflmao now). The second beating came from Ford. Since my truck was now stranded (as was I) i had to fork out $160 for this stupid thing.....
Has anyone else had one blow out like this? I dont remember seeing a post like this yet
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I bet someone else that used to be here could have told me where the source for these is so I didnt have to pay to much:sly I got ripped off:rotflmao
Ken

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I think you're referring to the CPS (down by the harmonic balancer on the front of the engine). I've heard the cost of the CPS has gone up significantly in recent years. the IH dealer usually has them a little cheaper than the local Ferd stealership. It's a good idea for folks who have 7.3L trucks to carry a spare in the glove box. I know I had one in mine just in case.

Do a web search and you can likely find a place online that can get them for a more reasonable price.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I think you're referring to the CPS (down by the harmonic balancer on the front of the engine). I've heard the cost of the CPS has gone up significantly in recent years. the IH dealer usually has them a little cheaper than the local Ferd stealership. It's a good idea for folks who have 7.3L trucks to carry a spare in the glove box. I know I had one in mine just in case.

Do a web search and you can likely find a place online that can get them for a more reasonable price.
Nope, this is the Injection Control Pressure Sensor on the front inside of the drivers side head. That price sounds about rite for IH but I had no open IH dealer around unfortunatly.
The CPS is down to like $20 now. They claim to have fixed it rite and the price went down to almost nothing! HA!
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online