Good feul hose, Does it exist

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I still stand alone I guess:dunno LOL

When I got my first IDI, a go-kart guy told me about polyurethane line. Just like clear PVC, but it does better against harsher elements like bio and has better stability under vacuum, which went well with my fender mount duralift pump.

It's worked well for me in any spot from the tank to the return lines other than it isn't as spongy as rubber so it can be harder to make a good seal around sold lines, but it dosen't degrade like rubber, or get hard, but dose darken over time.

Commercial name is Superthane. I found a retailer locally, but that might be tough for some. Could be bought from the manu a few years back in rolls when I checked.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the only hose to use with diesel, and for those that used hose in there fuel tanks in place of the shower head I'm sure it will deteriorate and cause the same problem in the long run. When you get hose from any auto parts store make sure it's marked 30R9, it will be stamped all along the hose.

http://www.gates.com/common/downloads/files/Gates/brochure/TechTipsForm.pdf

wmoguy

Reaction score
I've always used hydraulic hose without the expensive high pressure fittings. I can get it very reasonable priced locally and it's held up for longer than I'll ever need it for in my applications. in fact I am going to buy some tomorrow for my electric fuel pump conversion.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will regular steel braided hose hold up?? I want to know for sure before i consider going to braided hose, but it does'nt specifie anything..
http://www.jegs.com/i/Earls/361/310004/10002/-1?parentProductId=

What benefit is there going to braided hose? NONE

Of course, if you have a lot of coin and want to make it look pretty, thats your choice.
The truck fuel systems ( fuel suction/sender, FSV and steel lines) most have the spigot for push on and clamped.

Braided hose and fittings are mean't to be used with Hi pressure fuel injector systems. You cannot use the gear clamps on it.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
This is the only hose to use with diesel, and for those that used hose in there fuel tanks in place of the shower head I'm sure it will deteriorate and cause the same problem in the long run. When you get hose from any auto parts store make sure it's marked 30R9, it will be stamped all along the hose.

http://www.gates.com/common/downloads/files/Gates/brochure/TechTipsForm.pdf

I forgot the SAE designation for true fuel injection hose. Thx Bill.

I used this stuff. You MUST use something rated for bio/sour gas.
http://www.goodyearep.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=5144

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i'll check around locally for something with the 30r9 rating, i think i can get gates hose national auto "local place" if not does anyone know if napa or carquest sell's it?? Cause i'm all but done with advance auto, all there parts are bottom of the barrell junk anymore..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I use some hose I get at the local hose shop that works with these nifty pushlock JIC fittings that do not require any clamps and the stuff is a fraction of the cost of steel braid. I've gone to this same hose for all my heater hoses and fuel hoses, it's rated for 300psi which is plenty. I'll have to dig up a piece of scrap to see what the name of the stuff is. I really liked re plumbing the heater lines with it so when I have to remove the heater hoses for any reason, I don't need to cut the hose to get it off

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Ive had good luck with nylon air brake hose from fleet pride. Dirt cheap too! Then I just use a small section of transmission hose with clamps to connect it. IH used it on the scouts from factory and I had a few with the original lines. If its lasted 30 plus years It must be good!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, let me know what it's called when you get a chance..

I just found a piece of scrap from when I put my rad back in and installed a coolant filter and it's a Gates LOL Plus ( hey I don't make this stuff up LOL ) 10LOLA 300 psi flame resistant and it works with these nifty pushlock JIC fittings. I'll try to get a pic of those later, but basically they are an extra wide and sharp barb fitting that reqires no clamp so you just lube it up a tad and shove the thing on the end and it stays in place. for a touch ofextra security , I always put a cable tie on each end in between two of the barbs just to make sure it can't slip ( not that I don't trust engineers.....:rolleyes:
I've got about 50k miles on some of this hose and it works great. I've been steadily converting most of the hoses over. It saved a fortune on my fuel system when installing the manual fuel valves. I ran 5/16 all the way around ( since that's the maximum size aft of the FSV anyway ) Works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online