Go taller?

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man Im 21 and I think your truck looks bad ass right now, going any higher you will start to lose usefulness as far as loading/unloading. I wouldnt lift it any higher, unless your planning on using a different rig as a daily driver. I just picked up a 92 250 that im hoping comes out something like yours when its done, sweet rig!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also im not sure why having a lifted ford makes you a fratboy? Most of the fratboys I know roll around in mommy/daddys lexus crossovers and think they run the town.

Reaction score
Id say go bigger, although higher you go the less usefull it becomes. Just depends on how you use your truck. One major downfall is working on the engine with it up high...can pe a real PITA. Example; my hood is as 5'6"...I'm 6'0" no matter what your working on youl need a stool or 2

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Its different for every state.

yeah thats truth.One of the reasons I live where I do. We tell the fed to SIUYA.
We are more free here than any other state I have been in and I've been in 49 of em. Especially where DOT and traffic guns and modded rigs go.

:sly

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I'm 2" over the legal limit right now (31"), but I'm not worried about that. Cops around here dont care.

Regarding working on the engine, I carry milk-crates in the bed already, and the step up on that grill guard comes in handy a lot. This may just be a matter of what kind of tires are for sale when the time comes I'm ready to do this. I also have a feeling 37s will be too small. If a nice set of 38s are available I'll go ahead and do it, if not I'll get a nice set of 14.50 wide 36s and some 12" wide welds and just call it good.

Thanks for the opinions, and thanks for the compliments ranovru and desertben.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
well here. these are 40x13.5R18's on mine with no lift. so yea you will have more clearance in the wheelwells, but gives you an idea on the width.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
here is 38/15.5 wide

here is 38.5/14.5 wide

here is 37/12.5 wide

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
your lift with the 37s looks alright, I think with 13.5 wide theyd look good. Only thing is I'd be a little taller than that (1.5-2"). I think my truck would be tall and narrow and that's not really what I want. If I leave it this height I can get wide 36s and put that money to lift it elsewhere.. which is what I may end up doing. Good looking trucks though guys, thanks for posting.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
yeah

the reason i'd be more than an inch higher than your truck is b/c i have 3/4" blocks built into my spring packs. At that size they dont hurt braking, just increase height. I did it with my 4" lift to clear 36s better and decided to just use em on my 6" lift. with a 3" shackle reverse I'd be at almost 10" of lift. I could take the blocks out if 37s didn't look good to help a bit... But I dont think itd be enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online