glow plugs & injector o-rings

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's really good info Mel.
You should make your own PDF of injector replacement.

Here's a question.
Say on a higher mileage engine (200k+), would it be a good idea to do the injector cups also, if replacing injectors?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... ahem. Forgive me for sounding like an a$$ here, because I'm not really trying to. But have you ever taken the head off an engine and put oil into a cylinder and left it overnight to help loosen up stuck rings? I've never come back to an engine after doing that to find any oil left in the cylinder. And I've torn apart a lot of engines. That oil will find it's way past the compression and oil rings. It always does. So I stand by my statement that after letting the truck sit for over 2 weeks (forgot that it was that long; I was on vacation for a week), I didn't bend anything.

Been a mechanic for 25 years.when i pull a head on a good motor the antifreeze or oil that fills the cylinders stays till whenever i get around to putting them back together.

KyleE

Reaction score
Tanyr: if you have to replace any injector cups , there is a guy on TheDieselStop.com who has a set of the tools for $200, hell'va good buy. I think it's in Other Items for sale. Go to rosewooddieselshop.com and check there price.

http://www.rosewooddieselshop.com/

the injector cups topic, I would really advise to bite the bullet on this one and take it in to a shop. I recently replaced two of my lb7 injectors from dieselogic, I ended up taking it to there shop after I installed because of an excess of white smoke and GUESS WHAT! injector cup issue. got fixed really quik and not to pricey .