gas in 93 ford 7.3 idi

hotrod316

Reaction score
i got fuel at a quick today an the guy filled truck with gas i did inot know it until i got down the road . so i know i need new injection pump and injectors think i have any motor damage only ran about 2 mins . fuel take was empty so it was just about straight gas. iany body have contact or moose..

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not guarantee you need those parts. Drain the tank, take the inspection cover off the side of the pump and let the fuel run out of that and replace the fuel filter. Refill it with fuel and dose the hell out of it with whatever additive you want and crack all of the lines. Crank until clean diesel comes out and start it.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks, are you going to get the fuel station to pay for the damages?

Check for a disclaimer sign, if no sign X2 on what he said. Even if there is a sign I'd still go and at least make sure the manager and owner of the station know about it.

Local Shell where I fill up has a disclaimer sign saying they will not accept responsibilities for 'mis-fuels'. Kinda BS that they won't take responsibility if their attendant makes a mistake so every time I go in I pump my own fuel.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
that sucks, are you going to get the fuel station to pay for the damages?

They'll have to. And that's what they get for hiring people who don't pay attention to what rolls up to the pumps. Hell, maybe you SHOULD get a new Moose, and make them pay for it. Wouldn't THAT be poetic justice? :D LOL

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Check for a disclaimer sign, if no sign X2 on what he said. Even if there is a sign I'd still go and at least make sure the manager and owner of the station know about it.

Local Shell where I fill up has a disclaimer sign saying they will not accept responsibilities for 'mis-fuels'. Kinda BS that they won't take responsibility if their attendant makes a mistake so every time I go in I pump my own fuel.

In Jersey, it's illegal to fill your own tank. You HAVE to have an attendant do it. cookoo

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Jersey, it's illegal to fill your own tank. You HAVE to have an attendant do it. cookoo

Ah that sucks. Diesel here doesn't meet the same classification and gasoline and propane so we can pump out own diesel but not gasoline...

Have a little more time to clarify, here in Oregon class 1 combustibles have to be dispensed by a attendant, diesel not being a class 1 combustible we can pump our own. I don't think a lot of people here know that and the ones that do either don't mind waiting on a attendant or are too lazy to do it them selves.
The disclaimer sign I mentioned earlier does not specify people who pump their own fuel or if a attendant does it, it just says the station is not responsible for a 'misfuel' and it's signed 'management' not shell corp and is taped to the multifuel pump.

To the OP, hope things turn out alright for you, regardless of wether or not you need new parts or if they have a sign similar to what they have up where I fuel I'd go in and try to get the owner involved to try to make sure it doesn't happen again. And if you do need new parts its probably pretty obvious your going in..... :mad:

Last edited:

C.J.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife got a full tank of gas in her diesel beetle from Fred Meyers this summer. 5K in parts and labor. Thank god it was F.M. where they don't even allow you to pump your own diesel so there was no argument. And a hefty insurance policy helps, too.:sly

I can only imagine if it was some rinky **** independently owned gas station what the legal battle would be. I always watch the attendant because I've caught them trying to gas my rig before.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't even notice it is probably fine. Why do you have lower end damage? Throw some oil (of any kind) in the tank and burn it.

General rule is you are able to run up to 25% gas mixed in with diesels to aid in winter starting. Actual oil is thicker so you'll need less of it to gain the lubricating properties back that you lost in gas.

Last edited:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Dang, I'm glad Texas isn't like that. We can pump our own, gas or diesel. I think if I lived where I wasn't allowed to pump my own fuel, every time I had to fuel up I'd be right there making sure the attendant put the correct fuel in.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think i have seen a fuel attendant in over 10yrs here in FL... we pump everything on our own..gas, diesel, don't matter...

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of it being against the law to pump your own gas. Geez - big brother doesn't even trust you to fuel up your own vehicle anymore! And the attendants apparently can't even get the right fuel in! I am glad Wisconsin hasn't goen to this -yet.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think a disclaimer sign has any legal bearing, if it did your doctor would have a sign saying "not responsible for malpractice". Maybe I should put a sign on my truck... "not responsible for anything or anyone I run into". I could then drop my insurance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online