g"day mate

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
S-D-J, Nothing personel (I've never had a run in with you over there)...but the thought of a current TDS moderator in OB's Dumb & Dumber...LOL (can't wipe the grin off of my face) :D

I don't get the big beef some of you have about TDS.
After cruising around here, I had no idea how much some of you hated me or just the thought of me as some evil moderator and the other moderator evil ********. Who BTW, are just names on a screen to me. I handle the Calendar and the 6.0L forum and yes, I occasionally chit chat there and get chastised for it from some members here. Again, I'm only human and try to be as fair as I can. Sometimes, we have members toss a few back and get bagged then, start testing the rules. ***, Some guy starts a site and states he doesn't want swearing of things not for under 18 year old eyes, that really freaks some out.
I'm sure most here now know there is no such thing as free speech on line.
And yes, I think Bundo is funny, I suspect Swany thinks so too. I don't moderate his or Roofeditors ( I also think he's a great guy in person) posts for that matter, it's not my job. Jason usually wants me to stay out of the day to day site moderation, I think I've had some controversial times there and I like the Calendar Editor and 6.0L Forums Moderator status. It's fun to me, not my life though.

I'm here to have fun since I've been banned from the ******* Barrel. I'm very controversial to some and when I have an opinion, I'll state it.
If that gets me sent to some bad area here fine, I guess it's over. I won't log on as another person and try to get even :D LOL LOL

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Originally posted by aussiedave
sorry john but you are the only one there who i can say has been fair to me overthere.
this is petty much where i hang now
maybe you should do somthing about the others before every one
is driven out of that place
i truly didnt enjoy most of my time there due to over moderation
im not a bad bloke you know

Thanks for the update Dave.

BTW, if you ever get over to Perth, look up my buddy Ray Freeman, he and I have shared gifts back and forth to each others kids and, talked on the phone a few times. I'm sure you'd get along with him.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John,

One of the big problems with a lot of guys who have come over here is that some members at TDS get preferential treatment. Don't you think some members use TDS's "other" forum as their personal soapbox?

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
yup, most of the beef is with the 'other forum'

I don't ever remem having a beef with the 6.0 forum, nor the "calandar" :D

oh wait...I think you forgot to wish me happy bday when it came...***? LOL

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
John,

One of the big problems with a lot of guys who have come over here is that some members at TDS get preferential treatment. Don't you think some members use TDS's "other" forum as their personal soapbox?

If you're thinking Roofeditor, he's had way more threads deleted than you have that I've witnessed. Bundo has more than anyone by far. How is that preferential? I know some are drifting toward, they're my friends and I let them get away with stuff, again, totally wrong. The other moderators will not let me give a pass and I wouldn't ask. I've posted back and forth with you for years before they got there and, thought I was a friend of yours ;) ;)

I also can't believe how some are perceived as friends working against others. You'd be surprised if you could see who turns in whom ;)
It really (IMHO) boils down to " I hate that guy and everyone should hate him" in my soap box.
:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :angel:

Duane, you know I've been edited and had posts deleted at all the sites, I know perfectly well how the systems works -Deadhorse

Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, the Al Bundy avatar is got me all messed up... I keep thinkin its rampy posting... until half way through the post.. Then I realize thats not the case!LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I think that if there needs to be more discussion of this topic that a thread needs to be started in The Lounge or if you feel the need to vent take it to the BG. aussiedave started this thread introducing himself to us at OB.net and its gotten off track. Please do not continue to use this thread unless you are welcoming Dave to OB.net.

Thanks,

Mike

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
WELCOME AUSSIEDAVE!!!!!

Great to see you here! Hope you find this place to be homebase. We need to help the Tech forums IMO become all they can be.

BTW, what do you think about the 7.3 now that it's all that's available? Do you or would you prefer the 6cyl option over the V8?

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snowman269
WELCOME AUSSIEDAVE!!!!!

Great to see you here! Hope you find this place to be homebase. We need to help the Tech forums IMO become all they can be.

BTW, what do you think about the 7.3 now that it's all that's available? Do you or would you prefer the 6cyl option over the V8?

the six is deleted now :mad:
if your not hauling heavy gear its a great motor
like a little cummins
torquey and cheap to run
22mpg no matter how i drive
im getting a f350 supercab 7.3 6 speed soon
going to tow a 4 ton tractor

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my 7.3, it would take a huge improvement for me to switch. The T444E motor runs in commercial applications for 500,000 miles before needing replacement. Unloaded 62mph I get 22-24 miles per gallon (US Figures). Unloaded 72mph 18mpg. Unloaded 80mph 16mpg. Loaded 8,000lbs 62mph 13.5mpg, Same Load 72mph 10.5mpg, Don't run 80mph with 8,000lbs, but it got 9mpg that one time I did.

Hope than info is a benefit to you. You'll like the power if you uncork it.

Dennis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online