FYI Banks sidewinder $375

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just talked to the guy.
he's addmitted he's listed it in both places.
the turbo is still disassembled.
the exh side blades are damaged.
yes, he will honor the $375 price he posted on fleabay(he'd better)
and yes, he comes off as a major jerk.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats an outstanding bin price. I paid $1100.00 for the turbo alone from Banks last year. They wont sell any repair parts either. My sidewinder exhaust wheel has some ever so slightly bent blade tips so I'm having it rebuilt as a spare dropin turbo. My builder is having a tuff time finding another wheel for it. The turbo manafactor wont sell parts either. Propriatary parts is what he is telling me. So if this turbo has a bad wheel its going to be hard finding another one. But still that a great price for everything BTW Mistubeshi makes the turbo for Banks and there are rebuild "kits available for them. Just not wheels.... I wonder whats going on there. Does Banks have that much power in the market on such an old system???:dunno

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Just got a message from him that it sold on fleaby for the "buy-it-now"....

Last edited:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
He was a jerk to me too. And told me that it had .015" end play. And was "QUITE" snotty about it at that too.....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I hate ass hats like that. Part of my job in the summer is to mow an elderly retirement community, and I get yelled at by atleast 4 or 5 people there every time I mow that place. And for rediculous stuff too. Its like they have nothing better to do than to walk around their house with a ruler and check blade heights.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I hate ass hats like that. Part of my job in the summer is to mow an elderly retirement community, and I get yelled at by atleast 4 or 5 people there every time I mow that place. And for rediculous stuff too. Its like they have nothing better to do than to walk around their house with a ruler and check blade heights.
One word for ya! ROUNDUP!:D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
HAHA Yea that'd probably get me shot Doug. lol I had one guy come out of his house this summer just yelling and cussing up a storm at me. I shut my machine off and he grabbed a bat sitting on his back porch and started swinging that while he was yelling at me. I had to grab the bat from him, told him to never come out of his house to talk to me ever again (unless he wanted to be reminded what its like to be 20 again, and that it wouldnt end well for him, shoving the bat back at him). Got back on my machine and went back to work.
He never came at me with a bat ever again, but he did almost run me over while I was walking across the street later in the summer. That one I called the police about.
I have no idea what I ever did to these people. Their yards look great, and I treat them great, even though most of them have yelled at me and told me I dont know what Im doing atleast at one point since I've been there.
It just seems like being a nice person gets you nowhere these days.