Fuel Supply Main Line

hdwisboy

Reaction score
Swapping out my fuel supply main high pressure line runs from fuel filter to the pump. Do I need to prime during any of this before starting?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hey cory, I replied to you PM. But anywho - yep it will help a bunch. Just leave the line loose at the pump and grab a broom stick and start pumping. Even then she will fire up then once an air pocket hits she will die, then you will be cranking until the air is cleared. Don't get discouraged - I know it will happen but just crank some more and she will fire up - but remember to give the starter a break between cranking sessions or otherwise you will learn the fine art of starter replacement.

Years ago helped a buddy replace the IP on his 99 cummins and when we went to fire her up he had to crank and crank - he started thinking we did something wrong but I told him chill out and grab a beer - let the starter cool - hit it again - grab another beer - let it cool - after a couple of times of this she was purring like a kitten.

Armo

Reaction score
A good rule of thumb is no more then 30 seconds.
I tend to stray away from that and do way less. Usually if i get a big air pocket in the fuel system i pump it up till i hear the ofv chatter at me at the injection pump. Usually it just fires up np after that but if it doesnt then ill crack a few lines at the injectors themselves then crank the starter till i see fuel or it sputters. Then re tighten the lines and it should run rough for a bit and clear up letting you be on your way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.