fuel pump

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got the air dog pump in. works good but it seems with the regulator on it i can only get it down to 12 psi. i cranked the screw out which decreases the pressure and 12 is as low as it goes.

that pressure going to hurt anything? i know it shouldn't be that high.

anyone know if i can change the regulator or do i need to get a second regulator?

pressure is being measured an the filter housing.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really shouldn’t run more than 8 psi if you can, but it shouldn’t hurt anything. I would confirm with Mel since it’s his pump.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the air dog pump in. works good but it seems with the regulator on it i can only get it down to 12 psi. i cranked the screw out which decreases the pressure and 12 is as low as it goes.

that pressure going to hurt anything? i know it shouldn't be that high.

anyone know if i can change the regulator or do i need to get a second regulator?

pressure is being measured an the filter housing.
Do they make different regulator springs? I think the ones for a Duramax were 10psi tops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the return from your regulator to a bucket and see it if goes lower, your return system mite be to restrictive and has become the new regulator.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked and it says all raptor 4g pumps are adjustable from 7-70psi. I'd say if you can't get it below 12psi you may want to give them a call. I don't think 12psi would hurt anything, but if I recall correctly Mel said anything over 7psi starts affecting the timing of the pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just went for a test drive and runs good. the gauge goes between 10 to 12 psi but not sure if it changes while im driving. power is good and it made just about 20 psi of boost so not really sure how my timing might be affected and if that will change my boost.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i called air dog. the guy told me to get the pressure lower to remove the regulator assembly and cut a coil out of the spring. seems kinda meh but if it works and is free then ill try it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online