fuel leaking

MAvTistic

Reaction score
I just put a fuel pin (bully dog0 in my 91 dodge cummins, now after back together it leaks alot of fuel out of the little rubber hose below the banjo nut????? any ideas.

I am new here but hope t get some help.

thank a million
MArk

MAvTistic

Reaction score
2500cummins said:
Are you sure you got the copper washers back on both sides of the banjo?

yes its comming out the hose not leaking around the banjo?

Whit

Reaction score
Sounds like the hose is rotten, prolly cracked when you desturbed it. Get a new one but dont get any fuel on yer hands hehehehehehe

MAvTistic

Reaction score
put stock fuel pin back in and stopped the leak. trying to get response back from bully dog and see if the pin is machined the wrong size.

paccool

Reaction score
Are you talking about the chamber vent hose? When you opened up the pump to put the stock pin back in was there any fuel in the chamber the pin is in? This below the rubber diaphram. If there was, the sliding pin that comes in to the fuel cone was probably leaking. Since the pin is suddenly allowed to go farther in like it will with a modified cone, there is a possibility it can leak around the o-ring seal it has.

Just had this problem with mine.

MAvTistic

Reaction score
what to do to fix it? now even with the stock pin its leaking?

yes there was fuel in the chamber.....

wannadiesel

KDP Killer
Reaction score
Gotta put a new o-ring on the pin that comes through the side. I think the pump top has to come off, so you might as well put in a 3200 RPM governor spring while you're in there.

Some of the aftermarket "power pins" allow the AFC pin to travel too far. The AFC pin has a boat-tail shape, and if it comes out too far the seal is lost. The o-ring may have blown out entirely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online