Fuel Filter/Water Seperator questions

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my way back from the coast yesterday, I noticed my 'fuel filter' light flashing on and off. I stopped by NAPA and bought a new filter/separator for $43.11. Installed it and drove the rest of the way home with no problems.
Questions:
1. Is this a reasonable price to pay for one of our filter/separators? If not, could you include a link to where you buy them?
2. I only got about 2K miles out of the one that caused the light to come on. How many miles do you average between change-outs?
3. I should mention that the filter that plugged was a Fram. I replaced it with a NAPA Gold. I realize opinions on filters are usually somewhat biased, but what kind of fuel filter/water separator filters do you recommend?

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
I have a NAPA Gold right now - the one with the valve. It's been on for 22,000 miles without issue. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Napa filters are made by wix witch is good. I try and stay far clear of frams though unless its air filters.

Death85e

Death85e
Reaction score
I run the Napa Gold filters on my truck never had any kind of problem with them although i change them out twice a year sometimes 3 times a year depending on how hard i run the truck and how often we have dust storms in this area.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Napa Gold is Wix as was said and Wix is the brand I prefer and what is on everything I drive. That sounds a little high, but when you gotta have it you gotta have it. Was that the 7.3 canister type filter?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That $43.11 seems ridiculously expensive for a fuel-filter.

If that is sort of an in line price, then I would for certain be changing filter-heads to some type that is not so expensive.

Without shopping around, I can buy five filter/seperators for less. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online

No members online now.