fuel filter drain

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need the Internation/Navistar part number for the fuel filter housing drain for a 99 7.3L power stroke. for wants way too much for it. thanks a bunch!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i need the Internation/Navistar part number for the fuel filter housing drain for a 99 7.3L power stroke. for wants way too much for it. thanks a bunch!!!

Lot of ACE hardware stores carry O'rings, they are Buna-n but they will do the job, size is 1/2" OD X 1/4" ID prolly .50 cents each. Viton rings are just higher temp O'ring's. Mine went out way up in Alaska, Ford charged $55 for the whole valve, didn't know then about the O'ring's. Plumbing shops carry them also.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now, keep in mind its not leaking into the valley. the valve itself is "bypassing". but only at above idle. they fuel is ******* out the draintube onto the ground...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The handle on the valve has to be all the way over to the pass side (your left) when facing it, if it is then the O'ring's are leaking. There are 4 screws holding it on the fuel bowl. Takes a #20 torx to take then out. Have a magnet,mirror and flashlite ready because you are going to drop a screw. A 1/4" drive rachet W/1/4" socket and #20torx works best. You can flip the O'rings over and put the valve back on until you get new rings, if they are not real hard. Drain the fuel bowl first and put a rag in the valley pan to soak up the fuel and it keeps the dropped screw from rolling away.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Mines only got 2 screws?

Slick
How?
73l-ford-powerstroke-fuel-drain-valve-assembly-orings-pi-811.html

Attachments

• drain_plugsm.jpg
    drain_plugsm.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 53

yoslick

Reaction score
Heres some pics from my 96 when I replaced the o rings last year..

You must be registered for see images attach

:thumbsup:

Slick!!

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the pictured o-rings crap out, how would it leak out the tube down by the frame rail. wouldnt it *** into the valley??? the valve is point to pass. side all the way...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the pictured o-rings crap out, how would it leak out the tube down by the frame rail. wouldnt it *** into the valley??? the valve is point to pass. side all the way...

If you want it to leak (***) into the valley pan, you have to remove the tubing from the drain valve.

It does not leak until the fuel supply pump is running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online