fuel bleeding off

John Deere

Reaction score
I have replaced the return lines and tees, replaced all other rubber hoses, shrader valve, lift pump, and the ball check valve on the injection pump. I also removed my tank selector valve and checked it to make sure it is working properly. I have no fuel leaks anywhere. And yet my pickup still has to be reprimed after sitting for @6-8 hrs.

Any ideas as to check next. Is it possible that a injector could be the cause of it bleeding off, how about the brass restrictor valve on the fuel filter housing, it's not a check vavle as far as I understand so it makes no sense as to it being a culprit, but I could be wrong.

I am at my wit's end on this, if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. And this is on my '88.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
The fuel filter on mine was seeping around the o-ring where it screws onto the mount. Just enough to admit air and cause the same problem that you described. Turned it really tight with a filter wrench--seemed to do the trick!

Got the idea from OG.

Hope it helps.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
When mine was doing this I did have some fuel leaking from the fuel bowl drain under the filter. There is an o-ring/ washer in the drain assembly. Only Ford has the gaskets as far as I know but their not expensive since you shouldn't have to replace it more than once or twice in the life of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online